Never seen a more beautiful ray

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
The Boesmani has always been my favorite. What is the reason they can't be exported?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
The Boesmani has always been my favorite. What is the reason they can't be exported?
My understanding from reading somewhere is that coming from Suriname that it is very hard to get them from their location out of the jungle to a holding facility.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I've heard hostile environment prevents fisherman from getting around. Have heard civil war and guerilla war.

Have also heard there's a gold rush that's got most boats tied up.

Who knows. Hard to believe a hobbyist can go down there and bring them back but no exporter can?

Suppose any of it has to do with the possibility of harming the BD/Hybrid market????

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Thanks for the info. The few that are around. Are they hobbyist collected then?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Thanks for the info. The few that are around. Are they hobbyist collected then?
My understanding is Frank snagged the first batch from Oliver. Not sure where they went after that, had heard Frank didn't keep them.

Second batch contained the one we are familiar with here on MFK also from Oliver. Guessing that is the same ray that started this thread.

The hobbyist collected ones were just the few that the guy from overseas brought back from a work trip he had down there.

Again..... This is all just unconfirmed here say, the rumor on the street if you will......

streetunity

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
McHenry, IL
yes to those that asked, it was on Mark Huveneers page[h=5][/h]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store