New 75g/Predator ?'s

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
TheCanuck;4390832; said:
Then your looking at clown fish, cardinals, and some other small non predators. I think your basically limited to 2 unless you just put more in there as grow outs.
So I couldn't do a couple anglers, a hawk, and some gobies? Or an angler, a couple hawks, and a 6line wrasse?

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
lnelms2;4390989; said:
So I couldn't do a couple anglers, a hawk, and some gobies? Or an angler, a couple hawks, and a 6line wrasse?
The anglers will eat what they can fit in their mouth, so if one of the other inhabitants pass by, he may very well eat them.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
+1 to heath for saying that for the third time. A couple hawks and a six line would work because the hawks mouth (depending I guess) is probably not going to be able to fit the six line...the anglers can eat things that are almost as big as they are so they need to be one of the smallest fish in the tank. They also do better by themselves or with other slow moving fish due to not being able to really get away from bullies or compete for food.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
mhm...

And most hawks are keen to shrimp. Keeping any shrimp with any hawk is a big no no.

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
Heathd;4391108; said:
The anglers will eat what they can fit in their mouth, so if one of the other inhabitants pass by, he may very well eat them.
Yeah I figured if my hawks were bigger than my anglers I'd be alright though... guess not.
So my choices are lion + eel, or hawks + wrasse...

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
lnelms2;4391172; said:
Yeah I figured if my hawks were bigger than my anglers I'd be alright though... guess not.
So my choices are lion + eel, or hawks + wrasse...
Not really i mean i could tell you 50 different fish, but then buying one limits the others. You need to decide if you want full predator, semi aggressive, or community.

That will make it easier

FYI: Anglers are best by themselfs. Wrasses will usually pick on them and other fish.

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
TheCanuck;4391263; said:
Not really i mean i could tell you 50 different fish, but then buying one limits the others. You need to decide if you want full predator, semi aggressive, or community.

That will make it easier

FYI: Anglers are best by themselfs. Wrasses will usually pick on them and other fish.
I want full predator. And I would like more than one fish. I have always been fascinated by eels, but yours is entirely too big, lol. But if I could do an eel and 1 or 2 other preds that would be ideal for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store