New England (VS) New Jersey (VS) New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
I'll get a bunch of grass pickeral so there are enough to go around.
Small lmb are illegal, I can get 12"+ lmb though.

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
thefishguy7;1890036; said:
Yep, anything your heart desires. I can catch most sizes, the smaller the better. Only legal sizes of course.
Can you get any bowfins by chance?
the only prob with the bowfins is that they arent to little, the smallest ones ive been catching are 2lbs or bigger. and would be very interested in small pickeral if you can catch em from say 10" or so, not looking for them too big

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
kendog1;1894053; said:
the only prob with the bowfins is that they arent to little, the smallest ones ive been catching are 2lbs or bigger. and would be very interested in small pickeral if you can catch em from say 10" or so, not looking for them too big
Try a small crank bait, I've caught 4" largemouth on hook and line before. Hard to tell a fish is even on the hook!:ROFL: If the lake is densely populated with them, I can see you catching a bunch around 8" with a tiny crank.
I usually net them in a small creek at around 6". I can get them a bit larger or smaller too. I normally get E. Americanus, but sometimes I end up with something else and don't realize it for a few days.

kendog1;1894058; said:
whats legal catch size on the pickeral do ya know???
E. americanus –grass and redfin pickerels-none
E. lucius – northern pike-24"
E. masquinongy – muskellunge- 36"
E. niger – chain pickerel-15"
E. reichertii – Amur pike- not sure

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
rob, unfortuneately, the lake ur talkin about is a seven mile marsh or swamp, whtever ya wanna call it, and have never caught bowfin there on anything but live bait, and the smallest ones ive ever caught where still around 12 or 13 inches long, if you can get one or two of the grass picks around the 6 to 8 inch size, id be more than happy to hook you up for getting them for me

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
thefishguy: IDK if I PM'ed you or not, but definetly come by my house after H20 to pick up that tank. I'll message you my number when I get home tonight.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
I hear you brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store