new fish, new pictures, new list, new rare, blog, etc...6/13/2012 more to come!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
hey wes have you had any luck finding a true piraiba or is it proving to be as elusive for you as it has been for me? I also have some bad news regarding that wells, a few days ago my smaller goonch (around 9") had abit of temper tantrum and ripped the poor little guy apart i tried to save it but it was gonna be a miracle if he recovered from wounds like that D': in your personal experience have you had a yarelli be that aggressive? I would post pictures if only i could figure out how....
Sorry to hear about your wels cat. Yarelli are not aggressive, but they do have very sharp backward facing teeth, used to grab food, so they could easily inflict deadly wounds.
as for the piraiba, which is the filamentosum, the true ones are usually found only in Brazil, that is why you don't see them much, its like the peacock bass, considered as a commercially valuable fish, I don't think they can export them. Sometimes you can find one or small group from neighboring countries, also in Suriname, they've caught them before, but very large ones.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Any aimara floating around?
Are you for real? There's one has been posted in sale forum and vendor forum for the past 2 weeks..

mrblah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
earth
thanks Wes for the Xingu and the opportunity to see in person a fish that truly impressed me. in the 10+ years i've been in the hobby i don't think i've ever seen such a rare fish.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Are you for real? There's one has been posted in sale forum and vendor forum for the past 2 weeks..
LOL. There one on aquascape on a bid starting at 19 bx or something. I think it's from a MFK user

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store