New format. Feeling a little lost.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
The new skin seems a bit buggy. It was instituted due to a lot of people wanting something 'simpler', but the problem that we're running into is that for some users (me for example), the changing of the skin, which is ONLY supposed to affect mobile access, affects all platforms on which a member is logged in.

For me, if I went on my phone while the mobile skin is selected, it would change my PC to the mobile skin. If I changed back to Tactical through either my phone or my PC, both of them would be changed back to Tactical. For some reason, it's not differentiating between a computer and a mobile platform.

I've been talking to Li about it. We're going to talk more tomorrow and a decision will be made, assuming the tech guys can't fix it.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
The new skin seems a bit buggy. It was instituted due to a lot of people wanting something 'simpler', but the problem that we're running into is that for some users (me for example), the changing of the skin, which is ONLY supposed to affect mobile access, affects all platforms on which a member is logged in.

For me, if I went on my phone while the mobile skin is selected, it would change my PC to the mobile skin. If I changed back to Tactical through either my phone or my PC, both of them would be changed back to Tactical. For some reason, it's not differentiating between a computer and a mobile platform.

I've been talking to Li about it. We're going to talk more tomorrow and a decision will be made, assuming the tech guys can't fix it.
That blows. I accessed it from that link you showed me how to make.

Wish the skin was more appealing. Like both the originals better. Just from a cosmetic stand point. Gonna swap back to it and become more familiar with it. Didn't like that it didn't take me to the bottom when quoting and it doesn't bump threads that I just posted in. They stayed in chronological order

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Yea the separation would be nice, but I dig the new skin. Yes simpler, people are probably going to say boring, but my text is actually working right, and I can find my messages, sweet! :D

Anders247

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Maw Installation
I notice there is no "Go to last unread" button on threads anymore. Unless i'm missing something?
It should take you straight there if you click on the alert.

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Didn't like that it didn't take me to the bottom when quoting and it doesn't bump threads that I just posted in. They stayed in chronological order
I find this annoying as well. I like the overall look, but don't like the way it handles new posts. A bit more difficult to find them.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i like it ..but my eyes are not familiar

Reactions: Anders247
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store