New green Terrors owner

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi all I am new to the green terror world I was down my local tropical fish shop looking to purchase my first green terror. How ever I saw two I liked the guy said there best kept in two so I picked the two that were hanging together.
Took them home all was great
Here is a pic the first one called pic 1

Now all of sudden one has turned weird with dark fins and is chasing the other smaller one?

Does any one know if there male and female or are they both boys or what exacly is going on?

Thanks so much for any advice on this and thanks for checking my thread

Week1.jpg

IMG_20161026_201921.jpg

IMG_20161026_201921.jpg

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Sorry for got to say they been together in that tank for 1 week 3 days, the first pic is 3 days old and new ones were taken today

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
300 liter tank. But he is not really chasing her its more following her and she goes and hides.

thanks for the response

Youngddh

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
Probably need a couple more when I had just two the weaker one would get picked on so I added more and it looks like you have two males

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
Not too sure if they are both male, however one of the 2 does look to be male. Either you have 2 males or you have 1 weaker fish that will get picked on. Green terrors are not a cichlid you would keep in a group unless they were very small fish. Even from a group of 6, you'd eventually have to sell off 5 of them unless you want a pair. IME, green terrors are conspecific aggresive. Furthermore, if you did have a pair, you definitely wouldn't be able to house anything else in that size tank. Hope this helps...

Reactions: terrorG

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
I am not looking to put any more fish in the tank. i just want a tank with two green terrors that get on. I want to thank you both for the advice so far every bit of information is worth jotting down. The one i think is a guy is the one that keeps following with the dark fins. im not sure if its true aggression but the little one looks like he/she is hiding behind the filter most the time and not swimming around much she does eat but does not like being followed at all. i think i may call the one following "stalker."

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Not too sure if they are both male, however one of the 2 does look to be male. Either you have 2 males or you have 1 weaker fish that will get picked on. Green terrors are not a cichlid you would keep in a group unless they were very small fish. Even from a group of 6, you'd eventually have to sell off 5 of them unless you want a pair. IME, green terrors are conspecific aggresive. Furthermore, if you did have a pair, you definitely wouldn't be able to house anything else in that size tank. Hope this helps...
Actually rivulatus do very well in groups or harems of 1 male and multiple females.
If you have a decent sized tank it's the best way to keep them.

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
i need to find another female green terror i guess still confused :S but thanks all for the info

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 I had no idea this was possible, makes me we want to dedicate my next 125 to a harem of these guys

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store