NEW NTT ! Take a look

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Which foods is he taking and spitting out?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Which foods is he taking and spitting out?
So far just shrimp the kind you buy at the store and it's still grey and raw but only sometimes most of the time he will just let stuff sit right in front of him or fall on his nose then on the bottom

EDIT: also it's not like he is holding it in his mouth for a minute thinking if he will eat it or not he just mouths it just long enough for it to be in his mouth and then immediately spits it out right away

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like he holds it just long enough to taste it.I would not give it anything else right now and continue dropping the raw market shrimp.Hopefully it will start eating the shrimp soon before it gets too thin.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Sounds like he holds it just long enough to taste it.I would not give it anything else right now and continue dropping the raw market shrimp.Hopefully it will start eating the shrimp soon before it gets too thin.
He is still thick from right to left but you can tell his stomach is starting to curve inward kind of like a crescent moon shape I guess

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Great little NTT! Congrats on the new pick up! I hope he starts taking food soon.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
so what i did for my NTT to start eating was used some long tweezers grabbed a silver side and wiggled it in the tank. that worked for me. now they eat silver side off the bottom.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
so what i did for my NTT to start eating was used some long tweezers grabbed a silver side and wiggled it in the tank. that worked for me. now they eat silver side off the bottom.
Thing is he is scared of me I think... When I'm peeking in at the tank he swims all around once I go in the room he stands vertical facing down and backs up into the top corner of the tank...

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
do u have any other fish in the tank? I have found that food competition really helps fish adjust to you and new foods.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
do u have any other fish in the tank? I have found that food competition really helps fish adjust to you and new foods.
I have with him a jardini but the datnoid is just fine and missing no scales whatsoever so I don't think agression is a problem before someone starts in on that and the jardini is eating very well and the datnoid is not

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Well guys he won't eat still and he has been in a terra cotta pot for the last day and a half or so...what should I do take him out and force feed!? I really don't want to stress him and I've never had to force feed a fish they usually break and end up eating but he is different I haven't had an opportunity to attempt to feed him because he is in the pot and is laying his body on the top of the inside of the pot he can't get food in there. I don't want to take out the pot because it's the only place he can hide and I have a jardini in there who hasent bit or striked at him but has tried to boss him around... What should I do about getting him to eat... I know datnoids will starve themselves to death I've heard... I don't want this to happen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store