NEW NTT ! Take a look

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Try live blackworms. Throw them in preferably or near the pot. They should stay alive for a long while so he can pick them off 1 by 1. Small, thin dats find them easy to gobble down. Or just remove the jar and see if he behaves different

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Agree with live black worms....never met a fish that didn't like them

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Ok but I have no idea where I can get live black worms near me the only lfs close is like petco and petsmart and they don't carry it... I don't know where to get them... I guess I can keep trying frozen bloodworms but he isn't taking the bacon.... Should I remove the pot ??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Should I get rid of my jardini ;( :( I don't want too which fish would be peacefull with datnoids?
EDIT: seriously contemplating selling the arow but I just don't know if anyone will take him for what I want to sell him for
EDIT:2:should I try to divide the tank?? Until the datnoid gains his territory

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I would try and divide them up for a few days to see if it helps.I have a school of tetra's and geo's in my tank maybe thats why mine stay out all the time.

tbold

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
Hey man - Picked up 2 American Tigers last week and they wouldn't eat til today. Finally broke down and fed live minnows. Suddenly they were both all over the tank sucking them up. Give it a shot. I never fed that NTT live food but maybe that's the stimulation he needs. Wallago still hasn't eaten either by the way.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Hey man - Picked up 2 American Tigers last week and they wouldn't eat til today. Finally broke down and fed live minnows. Suddenly they were both all over the tank sucking them up. Give it a shot. I never fed that NTT live food but maybe that's the stimulation he needs. Wallago still hasn't eaten either by the way.

I will try but the Arowana will surely gulp them up quickly but I guess it's worth a shot...I might try and divide the tank but I don't want to cause stress. And I fed the wallago big cuts of tilapia before I gave him to you so he is probably still good just try to drop the food on his nose just keep trying

tbold

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
I will try but the Arowana will surely gulp them up quickly but I guess it's worth a shot...I might try and divide the tank but I don't want to cause stress. And I fed the wallago big cuts of tilapia before I gave him to you so he is probably still good just try to drop the food on his nose just keep trying

Do you mean "on his nose" like literally touching his nose? Did you have to hold it with tongs?

I dropped 40 minnows into a 40 gallon tank, the Moori Cichlid and the Severums got about half of them combined, so that's still 20 minnows for two 5" Dats - definitely relieved some stress I had about them eating. Been looking this up, plenty of info on how people started their Dats on live foods to stimulate appetite before slowing moving them to tilapia and massivore sinkers within a 6-8 month timespan.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store