New Ray tank arrived today

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Hopefully you can see how much they have both grown already, it would be more obvious how much the little Motoro had grown if the Pearl had not grown too.

I have also added a pic of my Freshwater reservoir used for the auto water change - when the sump begins to pump out (timed) the top up turns on a dosing pump (Deltec auto top up) and dechlorinates the water, a pump refils the sump and circulates the fresh water with the dechlor.

It seems to work a treat apart from sometimes in the middle of the night it tops up a tiny amount due to evaporation from the sump so I need to either have it auto shut off at night or reduce the evap losses.

NOTE: in the first pic you can see the Pearl running along the width of the tank, this is just under 36inches wide (front to back)

0810 025.JPG

0810 026.JPG

0810 028.JPG

Top up Tank 001.JPG

Top up Tank 002.JPG

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Rays are looking good and you still have loads of room in the tank

I'm still a bit confused with the top up thing but hay we all understand our own system better than the next man

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
The top up is only the same as a constant drip, mine just is not going all of the time, the reservoir simply allows me to pump in the water rather than fed directly from the tap - this way I can control it from the Deltec top up.

My mains in to the house gives a water rushing sound and this would be annoying of always on the drip. Not a lot different.

Thanks for the comments on the Rays.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Just Toby;4350235; said:
The top up is only the same as a constant drip, mine just is not going all of the time, the reservoir simply allows me to pump in the water rather than fed directly from the tap - this way I can control it from the Deltec top up.

My mains in to the house gives a water rushing sound and this would be annoying of always on the drip. Not a lot different.

Thanks for the comments on the Rays.
it just seams like a lot of extra bits to do the same job as a £50 HMA filter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store