New salvini , will this one have red belly??

savageee

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
fresno
Yeah. I sold the pair but kept some fry. Just get a male slightly bigger than her. Too big and she might be killed and too small and the male might get killed.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
how much you get for them? i went to my lfs and they only had 3 sals left i didnt know which one to pick lol didnt wanna take the risk so i left , whats the absolute best way to tell from male or female besides the black spot on dorsal fin?

davdev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Somewhere in New England
Just a warning, you get a spawning pair of Salvini's, you can kiss that blood parrot goodbye. They are awesome fish, but they are psychotic. I had a pair kill and Oscar, 2 JDS and several firemouths. They were all still relatively small, but the sals would not let anything else live in the tank with them, and this was a 75 gallon. (Note, not all fish were in the tank at the same time, as that would be way overstocking a 75)

japbart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2012
Los Angeles
Just a warning, you get a spawning pair of Salvini's, you can kiss that blood parrot goodbye. They are awesome fish, but they are psychotic. I had a pair kill and Oscar, 2 JDS and several firemouths. They were all still relatively small, but the sals would not let anything else live in the tank with them, and this was a 75 gallon. (Note, not all fish were in the tank at the same time, as that would be way overstocking a 75)
True. I housed my pair with other sals that time so it was pretty even and everyone held their own against my pair. But they destroyed all my dithers and my cons overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store