New Shark

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
I am surprised zoodiver didn't say anything. The only reason I know this is because I have seem him mention in on a ton of threads. Marbled bamboo shark is a made up shark. It's a white spotted bamboo. Live aquaria also labels it a marbled bamboo.

Awesome shark anyway. He has a great shape and pattern.
I didn't realize it was a made up name. I've always called them White Spotted Bamboos, but after the place I bought it from said "Marbled" a billion times, I just started to think that was a more common name for it.
Whoops lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ppoeschl

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Panama City Beach
common names mean nothing, this shark can be called a marble bamboo, white spotted bamboo, banded bamboo, and on and on, no big deal as long as you get the scientific name right.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
common names mean nothing, this shark can be called a marble bamboo, white spotted bamboo, banded bamboo, and on and on, no big deal as long as you get the scientific name right.
Agreed and I have seen this species sold under all of those names in the past.

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
There's the tank shots I was hoping to see! Good looking shark. With all the brown banded bamboos out there, it's always nice to see a white spotted.

Nice rays too.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Agreed and I have seen this species sold under all of those names in the past.
Yep, I get people calling them tiger sharks all the time when they see them on display. LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store