New Stingray Home (600g)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Maby great pump options available. You all have great tastes in flow.

I myself just got 3 more jebao 12000 pumps. Really like the little units allot. Total of all three -9510 gph (36,000lph) at 270 watts. And the ability if one breaks I have a backup running the system still and keeping everything going. I'm doing an over haul on my system going for backups and major monitoring ability. Neptune Apex will be here shortly going to really appreciate all the add ons. Makes me think I need to start a thread and do a write up. Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App
Are you running them all at 0 head? Looking at flow charts it seems like they might do 2K gph @ 5' head?

Read reviews of the pumps failing within 6 months, power supplies failing, and the threaded ends breaking off (apparently NOT covered under warranty).

Super curious to see how you end up liking yours...... I know everything has bad reviews, I'm more interested in how they end up working for you though.

Someone shows me proof and I'll gladly convert, but I'm from the background of believing if something sounds too good to be true it usually is, and 3K GPH on 90 watts for $90 is definitely hard for me to believe......

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I hear ya. You are a guinea pig with many things and this one is mine. . I see stats of many other pumps here people are listing with 0 head. And honestly we all do not have a 100 percent way of knowing how much head we have and loss from friction and everything else or have we tested our individual pumps for actual flow even at 0 head. We're all just saying what the manufacturer posts and that is fine and life. A flow meter would be nice but I honestly don't care enough to buy one and go to all that effort. And yes they might do only 2000 gph but looking at my 400 with piping all crazy I can tell they are flowing more than that judging off fx5s mag 18s and other stuff I've had hooked up with less head and far less piping. I do agree the warranty sucks. But as I said before once if they last me a couple years the lower wattage and cheap purchase cost will make it so I can buy new pumps and still be ahead in cost. I have a kill a watt so I can guarantee they are 90 or less watts hooked up full flow. Do I think they are perfect, no but do they sure work and give me a great bang for buck oh heck ya. But I'm also one that didn't buy actual k1 media and purchased a much cheaper alternative. Just ordered two more cubic feet as I'm adding on and so far the stuff works as good as anything else I've seen just has a different name and a lower price. Point I'm making is other options are available for people vs the known names and allot of the time they are cheaper. I'm definitely going to be keeping everyone updated on how they do. I figure even if I have to run two of them to a tank I'm getting a ton of flow for very little power. And initial cost is very low. My three pumps cost about as much as a super dart gold does with shipping and everything. We will see. Just sharing my experiences.
I will say though that fish streets customer service and shipping is better than most other places I have ever delt with. All my pumps have arrived in two days flat even one coming from Hong Kong. I'll try to use the warrantee if something comes up and we will see how that goes.

Are you running them all at 0 head? Looking at flow charts it seems like they might do 2K gph @ 5' head?

Read reviews of the pumps failing within 6 months, power supplies failing, and the threaded ends breaking off (apparently NOT covered under warranty).

Super curious to see how you end up liking yours...... I know everything has bad reviews, I'm more interested in how they end up working for you though.

Someone shows me proof and I'll gladly convert, but I'm from the background of believing if something sounds too good to be true it usually is, and 3K GPH on 90 watts for $90 is definitely hard for me to believe......

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
IMAG3359.jpg IMAG3365.jpg Thread from the dead.
After a little sidetrack and some procrastination on my part, stand is finally underway. After skinning and painting it will be done tomorrow.

Couple pics of stand before its skinned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store