New tank=happy cats

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
your a damn genius.
I know, its kinda like looking at a baby in a crib and saying its going to be to small in a couple years....... Really?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I looked at some heaters for pools and hot tubs and i am fairly certain i could keep the pond warm in the winter... The question is at what cost...
Precisely my point.

Catfishguy721

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Houston, TX
So... The tank for my cats that is almost 1500 gallons did not fit through the door and instead was sold to someone who could fit it, luckily the owner of the business was in the market...The company who made it for me is working on a new tank design that is assembled in the house and is nearly 50" deep and 5foot tall. It's supposed to be around 12' long but we are considering knocking out a wall and having it go further... The only problem now is that this big ass tank is pushing the weight limitations and I feel weird spending that much money for catfish:/ we shall see what these guys come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
So... The tank for my cats that is almost 1500 gallons did not fit through the door and instead was sold to someone who could fit it, luckily the owner of the business was in the market...The company who made it for me is working on a new tank design that is assembled in the house and is nearly 50" deep and 5foot tall. It's supposed to be around 12' long but we are considering knocking out a wall and having it go further... The only problem now is that this big ass tank is pushing the weight limitations and I feel weird spending that much money for catfish:/ we shall see what these guys come up with.

Believe it when I see it!

Just kidding. Might I ask, about how much is just the tank (no stand or filtration) running you?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Believe it when I see it!

Just kidding. Might I ask, about how much is just the tank (no stand or filtration) running you?
Which part the tank in the first picture is 150 gallons, the 8ft high tank or the new 12 foot tank being built in the house.

Can't call BS on your 8ft high tank or 12ft long tank. But I am calling BS on the tank in the first picture being 150 gallons.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
petsmart carries/ed that 150 size... which btw was nice for Oscars and the other large CA/SA cichlids they carry but a crappy footprint for catfish and other truly "large" fish. OP looking forward to updates =)

Catfishguy721

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Houston, TX
You cannot call BS on it being 150 gallons because Monster Minis is correct it's from petsmart... My wife is a manager for petsmart and i got that 150 for 300 bucks brand new on a technicality. And the acrylic tank was going to cost about 6Gs for just the glass. The company who built it sells the entire system though, they built that tank and stand with filtration, lights, sump, and all piping for a little under 10K. Luckily they do a payment plan like buying a car.
I understand the skepticism and i truly hope i can prove yall wrong lol
I will see if i can get pics of the tank that wouldn't fit into the house for yall from the owner.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Heating your pond is all about insulation. Plenty of people keep hot tubs at 100+ all winter in MINNESOTA without breaking the bank, but they are super well insulated. Only ponds in MN I know of keep goldfish or koi though, and all they do is heat to 35 and bubble to avoid freezing.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
:popcorn:

And good point about insulation.. our Intex pool has diddly for insulation.. pondering wrapping it in something to help keep heating costs down. deffinately working insulation into our final design. indoor ponds/pools/tanks in the 1k range aren't cheap to run no matter how you cut it unless you do your due diligence w/ them. On that note water pumps ain't cheap either. the tank is the least of your worries.. its the monthly food/electric bills that kill ya.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store