New Tropical Pond

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Can't wait to see updates after the weekend. Should be interesting to see how it looks with the PondArmor on it...

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
The PondArmor is clear. So it should look the same. I don't know if I let you all know, but most of my african cichlid population died with the change.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
tuggerd;4710299; said:
The PondArmor is clear. So it should look the same. I don't know if I let you all know, but most of my african cichlid population died with the change.
Ah, I thought you were getting colored PondArmor. Clear should look good. Nice that it won't change much, it looks awesome as is.

Sorry to hear about your africans, that's really too bad. I'm sure once you get the pond running again, you can get a couple breeding populations going pretty quickly though.

Maybe if you get them established enough, you can sell the excess offspring (that don't get eaten) to pet stores.

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
Holy crap was I was working alot this weekend. The PondArmor is a race against time to get it put on before it dry's. It's like thick honey for about the first half hour, then it turns even thicker. What an incredible product though. I expect this to take care of many problems. First of all the leaks. Second, it should be much easier to clean. On some of the outer lying perches I sprinkled sand on the wet PondArmor on the large rocks to give it a little more grip for the children around. Too bad I didn't have enough product to do all of the rocks. I think part of the leak problem was because of the porous nature of some of the beautiful rocks that I used.

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
Here we go again. We're putting the rocks back in the filter. While I'm at it, I'm going to make a little rock wall in my semi dead corner for the african cichlids.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
I love your Pond - Its inspiring! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store