New wild axanthic??? Silver arowana from wes rare fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I am not an expert.. Even after 30 plus years of arowanas keeping.. I am still learning.
The axanthic form to Me Is history.. There are some many axanthic rtgs 10 years ago.. They bred like normal arowanas and price like 1 too. To me this fish has no value since they can be easily bred and available.

Yes I cannot identify if this is a black aro or silver.. Can you?
For someone who has kept aro's for 30 years you dont know very much.
ANyone who knows their fish can tell that is a platinum silver....not a black. Look at the tail shape. Picture says a thousand words.
ANd as far as axanthic rtg being so common....lets see em. That silver is a lot more common than a color morph rtg.

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
Bro.. I agreed.. You sell at 100 some ppl might buy for fun. So u are also saying this axanthic trait will cost around 100 only. Which I agree also.. For this low cost fish reason I will not add to my collection...
These fish would be money makers cause there's a demand for weird fish and different variants. Money is money and last time I knew rtg's still are bought.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
ANyone who knows their fish can tell that is a platinum silver....not a black. Look at the tail shape. Picture says a thousand words.
ANd as far as axanthic rtg being so common....lets see em. That silver is a lot more common than a color morph rtg.
Platinum? look at tail? I was comparing this with my other platinum ... Some how looks different... Color and shape all different.. so one of them has to be a black and the other a silver.. But which is which? Or u have a platinum silver or platinum black to compare for clearer understanding? I don't know much about aros... Perhaps u can enlighten further

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
Sorry if u feel offended.. But I really don't keep common valued fishes. I have only 3 tanks.. I have to be selective.. Perhaps you passed this snow piece to buy that axanthic silver mentiined here? Think about it that axanthic really suits your profile. highly recommend u buy it immediately.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Platinum? look at tail? I was comparing this with my other platinum ... Some how looks different... Color and shape all different.. so one of them has to be a black and the other a silver.. But which is which? Or u have a platinum silver or platinum black to compare for clearer understanding? I don't know much about aros... Perhaps u can enlighten further
your smaller one has the eye problem like many of the platinums encounter. still a nice looking fish. probably from inbreeding, unless you know its a wild fish. I have a friend in Taiwan that was trying to breed platinums, he kept about 15 pieces adults together, maybe you know him?

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Let me know where to get another snow at usd2k .. I go buy now.. Matt white snow type like this one.

As for axanthic silver.. I have Learnt a lesson from buying albino silver.. They can be mass produced so not collector item. For general hobbylist OK To keep.
What I'm trying to say, maybe you cannot understand me very well. If an regular RTG is only worth $100.00 usd in Asia retail, and they still are very popular, and sell probably tens of thousands a year, that translates to profit. So to have an axanthic one, I would imagine that it worth at least $100.00 maybe $200 or maybe more? and maybe you would see some around and maybe they would still be profitable since like you said they're so easy to breed? So do you think they breed just like cichlids? the answer is NO.

Again, something so common, like RTG you can still find pictures on the internet right? How about axanthic RTG? less on the ineternet right? So find me the axanthic silver arowana picture. Can you follow my logic?

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
Bro.. I agreed.. You sell at 100 some ppl might buy for fun. So u are also saying this axanthic trait will cost around 100 only. Which I agree also.. For this low cost fish reason I will not add to my collection...
These fish would be money makers cause there's a demand for weird fish and different variants. Money is money and last time I knew rtg's still are bought.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
this was taken in Peru a few years ago, here is a proper platinum silver arowana
View attachment 1062529View attachment 1062530View attachment 1062531
Thanks for sharing.. I like that platy..

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven

What I'm trying to say, maybe you cannot understand me very well. If an regular RTG is only worth $100.00 usd in Asia retail, and they still are very popular, and sell probably tens of thousands a year, that translates to profit. So to have an axanthic one, I would imagine that it worth at least $100.00 maybe $200 or maybe more? and maybe you would see some around and maybe they would still be profitable since like you said they're so easy to breed? So do you think they breed just like cichlids? the answer is NO.

Again, something so common, like RTG you can still find pictures on the internet right? How about axanthic RTG? less on the ineternet right? So find me the axanthic silver arowana picture. Can you follow my logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store