New wild axanthic??? Silver arowana from wes rare fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirelem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2007
Portland, OR
bro Fong., you have a very nice platinum aro (eye defect) but still very hard to find. And I know you paid well over 2.5 sgd for it... although platinums are very hard to come by... this aro that Wes has is even more rare. I have spoken to a few 'sifu' aro collectors as well... they all have no clue as to what this WC aro is.

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
Bro, axanthic arowana can never be rare.. unlike snow arowana , which is a rare occurrence, axanthic, like albino, is complete opposite. When u breed them, they come out in batches. As earlier mentioned in this thread. there are a few of them .. this further confirmed my understAnding.

I have seen many forms of axanthic arowana.. the first was panda axanthic rtg.. panda bred so many of these .. become not rare,. Being not rare and not good looking when adult form... I therefore I don't keep them.

Just expressing my thoughts.. if I offend anyone by saying these.. my apologies..

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
how much is panda axanthic rtg cost now? is it cheap?
and do you realize that the axanthich asian arowana was a random mutation from farm raised fish. these silver arowanas are a few selected from tens of thousands in the wild, that's the difference.

how many silver arowana breeding now, not many. Do you have any picture of an axanthic adult silver arowana? There are non in the hobby. these are wild fish, it will take many years for these to even get big enough to breed.

Yes I see you have a snow arowana, that is nice, its also selected from thousands of wild fish,

Bro, axanthic arowana can never be rare.. unlike snow arowana , which is a rare occurrence, axanthic, like albino, is complete opposite. When u breed them, they come out in batches. As earlier mentioned in this thread. there are a few of them .. this further confirmed my understAnding.

I have seen many forms of axanthic arowana.. the first was panda axanthic rtg.. panda bred so many of these .. become not rare,. Being not rare and not good looking when adult form... I therefore I don't keep them.

Just expressing my thoughts.. if I offend anyone by saying these.. my apologies..

1hottuna

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2012
usa
Bro Fong.....all that you speak of is asian aro.....they have been in breed and refined ed for years.....when you speak of axanthic you are speaking of seeing asian aro not silver........if I am wrong please post pictures thanks

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
how much is panda axanthic rtg cost now? is it cheap?
and do you realize that the axanthich asian arowana was a random mutation from farm raised fish. these silver arowanas are a few selected from tens of thousands in the wild, that's the difference.

how many silver arowana breeding now, not many. Do you have any picture of an axanthic adult silver arowana? There are non in the hobby. these are wild fish, it will take many years for these to even get big enough to breed.

Yes I see you have a snow arowana, that is nice, its also selected from thousands of wild fish,
Bro.. You don't get it from selecting thousands .. You get like 30 to 100 percent from a single brood from the defective genes parents. Panda axanthic they sell normal rtg price last time.. I don't bother to check the value now. No I don't have a photo to show.. Saw it afew years back..

Just ask yourself these questions..
A.. Is axanthic variant reproducable in Asian arowana?
B.. Is silver Arowana most easily bred than Asian aro?
C.. Does Asian aro axanthic breed easier and do they produce a single a axanthic individual or they produce multiples in a single brood?

If your answers to any of those questions is a NO... Then we shall discuss further.

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
Of course if you are able to terminate the production source.. Only you have it and no one else... Then it's a different ball game altogether...

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Bro.. You don't get it from selecting thousands .. You get like 30 to 100 percent from a single brood from the defective genes parents. Panda axanthic they sell normal rtg price last time.. I don't bother to check the value now. No I don't have a photo to show.. Saw it afew years back..

Just ask yourself these questions..
A.. Is axanthic variant reproducable in Asian arowana? I don't know, I don't see too many, hardly any, but anything you can breed you can find "oddballs"
B.. Is silver Arowana most easily bred than Asian aro? I don't know how many captive bred silver arowanas do you see? Do you know anyone that has bred silver arowanas in fish tanks yet? I think not., maybe about the same as asian arowanas
C.. Does Asian aro axanthic breed easier and do they produce a single a axanthic individual or they produce multiples in a single brood? Again with genetics, some are dominant traits, some are recessive traits. It can sometimes be predicted using the Punnett square. As you can see they're breeding platinum alligator gars with regular success also right? If the traits are dominant traits XX breed with XX the off springs will be 100%, so what do you predict the axanthic gene to be?

If your answers to any of those questions is a NO... Then we shall discuss further.
So the answer to all your questions are part yes and part no, its not certain. I do know that these fish are wild babies, and if there were other ones in the hobby, then they would be breeding them already right? And for these "common" axanthic to mature and breed will probably take another few years, and that is if you have a few to keep together right? The fact is there are not many silver arowanas breeding in captivity. Just think the albino silver arowanas have been in the hobby for at least 20 years already, originally only from the wild, how many years did it take for people to be able to breed them and now market them in the past few years only. If it was so easy, wouldn't people make thousands of albino silvers 20 years ago? Just google for pictures., can you find any adults of the axanthic ones that are so common to you? Should have at least a few pictures right? Common sense bro

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
So the answer to all your questions are part yes and part no, its not certain. I do know that these fish are wild babies, and if there were other ones in the hobby, then they would be breeding them already right? And for these "common" axanthic to mature and breed will probably take another few years, and that is if you have a few to keep together right? The fact is there are not many silver arowanas breeding in captivity. Just think the albino silver arowanas have been in the hobby for at least 20 years already, originally only from the wild, how many years did it take for people to be able to breed them and now market them in the past few years only. If it was so easy, wouldn't people make thousands of albino silvers 20 years ago? Just google for pictures., can you find any adults of the axanthic ones that are so common to you? Should have at least a few pictures right? Common sense bro
Bro... If axanthic rtg no one bother to collect and breed why would anyone bother to breed a axanthic silver which is cheaper than rtg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store