Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
I saw these and had to talk mysefl out of calling wes a couple times...lol. They are not albino or normal.. and I can not wait to see how it develops... please keep us updated often! gl

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
These are not the cheap captive breed albinos that are running around the market for $699......trust me....these are wild caught...first off its definitely not an albino......better to get your facts straight before commenting.....please share the picture of this common aro you speak of......with the dark eye surrounding "panda style" like mine......???????
It seams very strange you say they are wild caught surely it would be hard to find one oddball at a time let alone a few

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

1hottuna

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2012
usa
Does it seem strange??? I dont know if you are educated in how wild silver and black arowana are captured but let me enlighten you........a large male is caught and its mouth is opened and the babies are shaken out (hence the fact that many come in with egg sac still). If you research asian arowana breeding.......you will see that with something like Axanthic or luecistic (which they do see on occasion)........there will be a batch of lets say 50 babies and there will be between 2-10 or less of this freak.........the others will be normal........this is why if they found one they would find a few inside one mouth..........am I making sense here? The thing is that they may only find one mouth in 5 years that drops these out......or less who knows.......This is unlike albinism that can be replicated through breeding............this cannot and will not.....Put this together and it makes sense........not like they are throwing cast nets and catching one here one there.........

It seams very strange you say they are wild caught surely it would be hard to find one oddball at a time let alone a few

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Does it seem strange??? I dont know if you are educated in how wild silver and black arowana are captured but let me enlighten you........a large male is caught and its mouth is opened and the babies are shaken out (hence the fact that many come in with egg sac still). If you research asian arowana breeding.......you will see that with something like Axanthic or luecistic (which they do see on occasion)........there will be a batch of lets say 50 babies and there will be between 2-10 or less of this freak.........the others will be normal........this is why if they found one they would find a few inside one mouth..........am I making sense here? The thing is that they may only find one mouth in 5 years that drops these out......or less who knows.......This is unlike albinism that can be replicated through breeding............this cannot and will not.....Put this together and it makes sense........not like they are throwing cast nets and catching one here one there.........
Yes I do know how they are harvested

But out of thousand and thousands of fry you are lucky to get 1 oddball but it seams a few of this type are on the market

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
Aren't you contradicting yourself by saying this could not be replicated through breeding when in the same paragraph you said "If you research asian arowana breeding.......you will see that with something like Axanthic or luecistic "

1hottuna

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2012
usa
Oh lord...........this mutation cannot be replicated by breeding two of the same mutation......like with Albino........you can't purposely make this happen or "breed for it" ......this is why they are so rare in that market as well...........albino can be breed to albino to make albino.......that's why they are a dime a dozen now

Aren't you contradicting yourself by saying this could not be replicated through breeding when in the same paragraph you said "If you research asian arowana breeding.......you will see that with something like Axanthic or luecistic "

1hottuna

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2012
usa
Like I was saying they are in the same batches...when they are found......if they were pulling babies and noticed one they would go through the batch to get the others.......they would not be weeding through thousands but 40 or 50......remember how much the special mutation arowanas are worth in the asian market........100X what a regular one brings.......you don't think they have people looking through these tanks for $1000 bills??????

Also can you please link me to where these fish are being offered in other markets with photos please......thanks

Yes I do know how they are harvested

But out of thousand and thousands of fry you are lucky to get 1 oddball but it seams a few of this type are on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store