New wild axanthic??? Silver arowana from wes rare fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Mistakes can happen, as they go through a large volume of fishes and they look almost the same as those yellow albino.

Just like Super Red, and if your lucky, sometimes a chili red might end up as blood red quality.

Like I was saying they are in the same batches...when they are found......if they were pulling babies and noticed one they would go through the batch to get the others.......they would not be weeding through thousands but 40 or 50......remember how much the special mutation arowanas are worth in the asian market........100X what a regular one brings.......you don't think they have people looking through these tanks for $1000 bills??????

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Very cool aro!
Hope to see updates of this beauty as it grows.
Only updates will rid of the skepticism.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Like I was saying they are in the same batches...when they are found......if they were pulling babies and noticed one they would go through the batch to get the others.......they would not be weeding through thousands but 40 or 50......remember how much the special mutation arowanas are worth in the asian market........100X what a regular one brings.......you don't think they have people looking through these tanks for $1000 bills??????

Also can you please link me to where these fish are being offered in other markets with photos please......thanks
Out of that 40-50 fry you would be lucky to get just one the rest would be normal silvers
You can harvest many many males and never come across another

I don't know much about breeding aro but if you breed 2 albino rays that's not sure thing the pups will be albino
The pups maybe normal colour but hold the albino gene

I find it very hard to believe if they are wild caught you would get more than one per brood

If it was said they are fished from a new location and its a variant that would make sense

I can understand that if you are selling them you wish to keep the price as high as possible so not to damage any sales you have I will let people make up their own minds

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Cool aro! I just don't get why you say it can be replicated, or you can't breed for it? If they came from wild stock then nobody knows unless they breed for it. I personally hope you try to breed it and prove it genetic. Would make lots of $1000 bills ;-) awesome fish regardless!

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
1. first of all these are not captive bred fish. the ones I have are wild fish, picked out of about 200,000 babies exported yearly. They usually pick out a couple of albinos, a few dozens of high shines, a few "snow" pieces, and a few panda/leucistic fish. All the ones picked out are usually sent to Japan or Taiwan and sold to collectors, that is why we never even see them here. The last snow arowana in California, was sold at $1500.00 wholesale. The local people in Peru and Colombia, both exporting countries for Silver arowana are very keen on finding these, as young as babies with yolk sac they're able to pick them out.

2. sure these can be bred possibly, once you get a few of the same types with these traits together and try. Very few people have actually bred arowanas. Now they're inbreeding albino silver arowanas, so there are more of them floating around, but I wouldn't call $600-1000 dollar captive bred fish cheap or common by any means.

3. breeding albinos is relatively easier, predictable with the Punnett square, as the albino trait is recessive, but if you have both parents that are albino, you'll get at least 50% albino off springs, and that is what they're doing with the albino silver arowanas.

4. as for platinums, or other leucistic traits, not all of them are sex linked, which some could make it less predictable. if anyone wants to try you can buy the few they produce each year and keep them together and hope for the best!

5. as for all mutations, sometimes you can get multiple mutations in one batch, sometimes you can go through tens of thousands without finding one. I know this is true for silver arowanas, as I have seen these with my own eyes in the farms and know how the export of them works.

6. famed collector/ scientist Manouru even commented on these arowanas that we got, he does not even know what they'll turn out to be as adults ,and he is one of the pioneer in Iquitos, Peru. Collecting fish there for over 30 years.

7. the people who think they know what these are, can you produce pictures of them or adult pictures of them?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Following with a great deal of interest. I'm hoping the little guy or gal proves to be a beauty. Good luck!

Post updates as often as possible!

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I recently dropped some coin on a very special arowana...Wes rare fish recently brought in a couple wild caught axanthic? ?? Silver arowanas......we don't really know what they are.....dark surrounding the eye like panda variety but with yellow tinge and almost transparent body......amazing fish to say the least.......either snow white platinum or yellow axanthic or ?????? A Japanese scientist in Peru posted a pic of one saying it's a new discovery he has never seen...... I think Wes only had a couple ....not cheap but pretty neat having an arowana that maybe one of 3 or 4 in the world....he is vendor Rare Fish if interested.....
Eye looks red in pics but not red.....only 3" long
Congrats! Your fish does look unique and quite different from those albino that have been around in the market the past couple of years. I can't wait to see how it develop. Keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store