Newbee

martinsane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Kent, Washington
Hello all. Just posting up a little intro...Briefly, recently lost a cherished friend/fish and in turn started a search for a replacement (not a good word NILE could not be replaced, after more than 6 years, what a character) which led me here. Unfortunately it appears my chances of possessing another Snakehead are as impossible as winning the local lottery, but I had to look and see. Not that my expectations are high but if anyone knows anything...? Thanks in advance for the warm wishes and advice.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
i can get channa gachuas but i dunot no where you live so probly cant help ya

martinsane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Kent, Washington
I am assuming by what I have read in the past hour that it is virually impossible to import, possess, etc... one of the beautiful fish in the States any more.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
nay, sir, there are plenty of individuals who keep them. They are illegal to keep in all the southern states, but are legal to keep in most of the northern ones. Nonetheless, even in the southern states, there are a good number of people who don't let minor technicalities like fish laws interfere with their keeping; the hard part is just getting in touch with those that breed them.

wckedmidas lives in maryland.

martinsane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Kent, Washington
Great to know. There is hope!!:) I look forward to reading more of your insitefull posts and who knows enjoying another Snakehead or two or... Thanks

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Laws change, lot of pretty natives in Wa.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
post a thread in the Buy/Sell forum for a snakehead.. I'm sure someone with the capability would ship one to you..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store