you should be OK
don't chase numbers
the solution to pollution is dilution
feed the fish, flush the toilet

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
Do you use dechlorinator? Glad it's gone, but can't o,agine what would cause a spike in nitrites but not in ammonia or nitrates unless there was some change in the bb colony, besides a testing error which happens to all of us sometimes

Teddy99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2024
Do you use dechlorinator? Glad it's gone, but can't o,agine what would cause a spike in nitrites but not in ammonia or nitrates unless there was some change in the bb colony, besides a testing error which happens to all of us sometimes
I do use dechlorinator, yes.

Reactions: Cal Amari

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've never been a great fan of adding "things" to the tank which claim to remove by products of the nitrogen cycle, in your case, Zeo Carb.

The reason being is that a healthy filter should more than adequately be suitable to perform those duties.

And don't forget, many of those products, Zeo Carb included, have an operational shelf life as it were. You have to periodically change them out for new or they can leech the very nasties they've removed back into your tank!!

Is there a possibility that your Zeo Carb is past it's best, and is leeching stuff back into your tank?

Personally I'd permanently remove the Zeo Carb and swap it for bog standard bio media.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store