NTT vs IT

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Care to show pics of your NTT? having said that I might pick-up one NTT later hehe
The pic with the tape measure was from 1 year ago. The one with my hand was taken about 6 months ago. NTT's are fairly delicate at smaller sizes, but once mine got a bit of size it has seemed to be fairly tough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1376428323255.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1376428378468.jpg

GonePhishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2013
Philippines
The pic with the tape measure was from 1 year ago. The one with my hand was taken about 6 months ago. NTT's are fairly delicate at smaller sizes, but once mine got a bit of size it has seemed to be fairly tough.

OK now I'm convinced. How long would it take for a 3incher to that size?

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
OK now I'm convinced. How long would it take for a 3incher to that size?
They are slow growers. I've had mine for about 5 years and bought him at less than 2". He's about 12" now. The growth rate did increase once it was pellet trained.

squadie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2013
Bristol
I like The Indo it is the one for me. Ihad the joy of owning a 12 inch indo that I acquired for £25 he had fantastic colour and a great temperament. I love the contrast between the bars and how rough the scales are an how well hidden those barbs are.

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
What pellets do you guys recommend and what other variants of food do you guys give? I have mine on Market Prawns and Chicken hearts
Mine won't touch any pellets other than Hikari Massivore. That is mostly all I feed him. Once in a while I will give him frozen krill or market shrimp

squadie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2013
Bristol
IMG_4397.JPGI agree I fed this guy on shrimp and lance fish there amazing to watch eat. like a dysons suction on steroids!!

IMG_4397.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store