Odyssea CFS 14i/ CFS 1200

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
N nossalucard for someone who has never actually owned the unit, you have very strong negative opinions. This all based upon "reviews" you've read off the internet.....which obviously must be true since they actually exist.

Let me reiterate, I actually own 3 off these units and been running them for multiple years with no issues. I've only replaced the orings on the hose connectors, and have never needed any shims. Never had any leakage, lids cracked, nor any electrical issues whatsoever. The unit feels much, much more durable than the Sunsuns.....which I've also currently own multiple units and been using for multiple years.

To the OP, I couldn't find the specific size o-rings for the hose connectors locally, but I did find them and bought them off EBay.
Duly noted, however I must say that by making the comments that I made I was merely tryin to bring it to the OP attention that these canisters seem to be more trouble than they are worth.

As I said earlier, OPINIONS ARE LIKE A**HO**S, everybody's got one. My intent was to express mine, in an attempt to just assure the OP had thought this through.

In addition, thank you for your opinion, nice to know you have an A**HO** as well!!!!

By the way, we're ALL ON THE SAME TEAM, to try to make sure we are using the best equipment at the BEST price we can each afford...

HTH!

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Well just now ordered a CFS700 to "play with" on an empty spare 40B in my basement. Figure I'm not above giving it the benefit of the doubt quality wise. Think I'm gonna fill it with scrubbies and whatever else I have lying around just for grins....

Why oh why do I keep buying filters..LOL

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Duly noted, however I must say that by making the comments that I made I was merely tryin to bring it to the OP attention that these canisters seem to be more trouble than they are worth.

As I said earlier, OPINIONS ARE LIKE A**HO**S, everybody's got one. My intent was to express mine, in an attempt to just assure the OP had thought this through.

In addition, thank you for your opinion, nice to know you have an A**HO** as well!!!!

By the way, we're ALL ON THE SAME TEAM, to try to make sure we are using the best equipment at the BEST price we can each afford...

HTH!
Some A**HO** are bigger than others and are just constantly chock full of $h!t.............hth as well

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Some A**HO** are bigger than others and are just constantly chock full of $h!t.............hth as well
Thank you xRaycer!

Thats why I feel it's always important to speak my mind, albeit it always seems to put some individuals into a "tizzy"...LOL

Anyhow, I cancelled the order after I remembered how much of a pain in the butt it would likely be to try to clean filter sponges that thick in addition to the fact that i definitely don’t need any more filters.

Wish you all the best with thee things still, but I'll stick to my FX5/6, sunsun's and 2262.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
My new CFS700 arrived today, as well as the skimmer. It'll be going into the 29gal grow out. I have a baby datnoid that still only takes frozen food, so there's usually an oil slick on the surface. We'll see if this will remedy that.

20160411_200408.jpg

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Ya get what ya pay for I always say! ;-)
IME, this adage is not always the case. In any case, I prefer taking the path less traveled, and enjoy seeking out the hidden gems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store