Official rabies thread

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Depends on the species,size of individual animal,and how far the rabies has progressed,it should also be noted that there are quite a few types of rabies,which are poorly studied. animals that or sick or injured are often bold or desperate,even weakened or dying they can possess astounding energy or strength, my friend killed a coyote that killed a number of sheep(roughly 30or so if I remember correctly)and even fatally injured a cow which had to be put down,the coyote was missing half of its front legs and had a jaw deformity,yet would attack multiple adult sheep in a single night,and did so alone,despite not being big.
every rabid animal I've ever encountered, at the stage where they begin to "go nuts" and attack people, have literally fallen over trying to run at either myself or someone else. Granted 99.9% of my experience is with raccoons but a healthy raccoon is fast and agile, these things acted almost intoxicated. I've shot my fair share of rabid coons lol.

Reactions: Matteus and isde02

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Sounds like u still get the old school strain of rabies,most of the rabid animals in the last six years that I know of in my area have been ravers,we used to get a lot of rabid animals that looked drunk and died in stupid ways(like falling out of trees)but were not seeing that as often now,perhaps because the faster more agile strain is more likely to spread to other animals.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have come across rabid lovers (good times), Rabid kids (bad times) and rabid football fans ( me) but never a rabid animal.

I can think of allot more scarier viruses than rabies. namely any of the air born.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
U want scarier?:y pestis,bubonic plague,and heck those weren't bad enough,scientist had to make worse ones.

Reactions: Matteus

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I m thinking the same thing.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Here where I live in Thailand has been considered Rabies free for many years -- but unfortunately there has been a recent outbreak in our part of the island, perhaps due to evolving strains as mentioned by DV7 in OP....

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-declares-rabies-outbreak-zone-in-chalong

We have a 9 yr. old Spanish Hound but most of the time she's just sleeping in the house, super lazy dog. But for now I've curtailed her daily walks, hope this goes away soon but who knows.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
U want scarier?:y pestis,bubonic plague,and heck those weren't bad enough,scientist had to make worse ones.
What about necrotizing fasciitis? (Flesh eating disease). That’s pretty nasty. Or leprosy.

Speaking of Thailand, I saw a guy busking in Bangkok who had leprosy, and his eyes were bleeding:barf:

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
LOL I was wondering how I missed this thread as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store