Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
These are my older posts for those that missed......

4/11
I know for a fact that tanked is fully staged BS. I was able to see the filming of the show in person. This season will air an episode were they build a tank into an orthodontics office in west islip ny. I was there. They built a rediculously awsome tank that is acctually built into the buildind, i mean it cant be removed part of the structure. So filming day they are all there sitting around all day doing nothing while hired help fills this gigantic tank for hours. They provide written script to the doctor as he has to react on camera to the tank. Then reshot all the the scenes several times, completly false from start to finish, not reality tv just acted like anything else on tv. Not the worst, they always talk about acclimation, this was a salt water shark tank, they threw thousands of dollars worth of fish into this tank without any acclimation at all. Several nice sized sharks and a ton of other salt water fish that should not have been with the sharks. Within 48 hours only 2 fish were left alive a small shark blinded by bashing himself into the wall ofnthe tank and a large nurse shark that almost burst from eating so many dead fish. It was a horror show. The doctor hadnto pay for all the fish. The tank is free from the show. Seriously disturbing what so called fish lovers will do for money and fame. The filters were not even ready to be used these guys filmed and walked out fish started dieing within hours. These guys are scum.

Pre air of the 18000 gallon shark tank someone asked if ant proof

4/14
Vitagliano orthodontics, west islip ny.... My wife and sister work there. I was enthusiastic thought the guys looked cool, from ny like me, "love" fish like, me waited over a year for its filming, the office is open call and ask any employee there, my sis is the reseptionist. I dont have video of the filming, but im ganna see if anyone took video of the dieing fish. I was there during filming but didnt think to snap a vid. The epesode im reffering to is on this sat. dr joseph vitagliano, his tank had a big toothbrush and a shark head with braces, the doctor didnt like the decor but was instructed to act like he did. The decor has been removed.

4/15 after question due to missread of my post

Dead within 2 days, filter never cycled (conditioned with a bio load, the nurse shark ate most of the dieing fish), funny enough in the show they were so concerned about the sharks during transport stateing how they need to match the water and ph. Soley so they can drop them in at the doctors office without any acclimation to the new tank...but they got there film for the show. Not to mention it was winter here in new york, your right they did fill the tank with a truck of water, freezing cold water. Took so long box by box they threw all the fish in shot the scene and ran off.*A nice tank with fish would be great properly maintained and cleaned. If it was set up correctly and ready for the fish prior to adding them. This tank and its stock never had a chance period, the fish didnt last long enough for maintenance. I dont think this is a lol situation.*There job is to build a custom "setups" not just tanks.

Sorry for you guys that read this already, just wanna spread the info

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mzhantsche

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2010
A, A
Lol! I dunno what everybody else thinks?... but personally, I try not to look at it from a 'Hater's' point of view. I'm just glad to see something Aquatic-Fish related being shown on TV. I mean this just shows you that the 'Hobby' movement is definitely growing more and more and getting more exposure. And to me, that's what MFK'ing is all about... ]\/[oving Forward Kontinuesly!

I mean regardless of all the added dramatization, just take in everything that you can from the show (knowledge, material, fish, hardware, business, etc.?) from a positive perspective, soak it in, and learn from it. Get the most out of it! :headbang2
Agreed. Shows like this have so much money behind them which means they have lots of people making suggestions on the show. Its ment for the avrage person who has a slight intrest not a person heavily in the hobby.

I wonder how many people would hate on the show if 00rolins hadent shared his horrible experance. I am discusted with the outcome on the shark build but that dosent nessicarly mean thats what happens to every tank they stock.

I would love to hear more stories of the stability of other tanks they have built and stocked. Im sure their are some members on this site that have had tanks built by them. I hope they would come forward and share their experances.

I think a great web show could be based on members on this site. What if we did a web show and visited 3 MFK members with huge builds, per show. It would be designed for a spacific audiance so they could spend the time going over the build of the tank, filtration set up, suggestions and helpful hints, stock talk. I would love to see someone pull this off.

Sent from my PG06100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chris360

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2011
Never Neverland
I watch the show because they have some cool tanks and even better fish. It is pretty lame and very untrue, I like the more realistic tanks like that church or the coral reef in those Asian peoples house. I mean really, who's gonna have a keg fish tank in their house....LOL. To me the show is more like Monster Garage, they build useless s__t. There is a new show coming out May 10 called Fish Tank Kings, it looks like it might be a little more realistic but only time will tell.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
mzhantsche,

I would think it is different for the show opposed to a tank built request. Most people buying a tank probably cycle it prior to stocking it themselves. If I had a buisness/show like that, I would treat all people/customers anf fish the same, but I am honorable and empethetic- they r just pethetic..... If you like something and find out your liked were a deception then being a hater is justified in my book, I dont care about the fakeness but the mistreatment of the fish and show participents is not ok.

We should try to get feedback from some of the other show participents, whose tanks get overstocked for visual purposes not just any customers, that way we have a controled comparison.

mzhantsche

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2010
A, A
00rollins,

I agree. Im not trying to say anyone is being a hater for no reason. I totaly understand why everyone feels that way they do. I dont like the show because of the information you have provided. I think your thread on your experance with the company is one the the most important threads on this site. Without your posting, we would all be in the dark about their quality of work. So hopfully you didnt take my last post as a slam on you or anyone who is opposied to the show.

Just saying that if you hadent posted your experance....everyone would hate the show for minor reasons like corny tank decor or the over dramatization. It would be a much diffrent thread. Since your experance....we have a real reason to be opposied to the show. Thanks for your post.

mzhantsche

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2010
A, A
I watch the show because they have some cool tanks and even better fish. It is pretty lame and very untrue, I like the more realistic tanks like that church or the coral reef in those Asian peoples house. I mean really, who's gonna have a keg fish tank in their house....LOL. To me the show is more like Monster Garage, they build useless s__t. There is a new show coming out May 10 called Fish Tank Kings, it looks like it might be a little more realistic but only time will tell.
Care to give us a link to where we can see this fish tank kings. Is it on cable or the internet. Im heavily intrested.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
00rollins- Ah dude... You just spoiled our family time Lol. The kids love this show and they enjoy the "Fish, guessing game" and now I'll be watching this show with doubt haha. Oh well, its Hollywood :)

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
you should all start a letter writing campaign to pull the show off the air.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
mzhantsche,

no prb bro I didnt take it wrong, I agree that we should get some more feedback on other builds

Fish tank kings is gonna air on nat geo wild may 12,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store