Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

ruddybop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
Erie Pa.
www.youtube.com
That was the worst segment of both seasons. You should give it another try.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Ok ,, I watched the Gumball Tank and the jukebox. I didn't care for the JukeBox one,or the Gumball.... I guess I like natural looking tanks. My Idea of a tank is that you don't have to make something around it to make it look nice. I don't want to see gumballs in my tank. I don't want to see old record player in my tank. I want to look at the Fish in my tank with rocks, wood, plants, more natural.... but evreyone is allowed to have his/her opinion.......... :)

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Yea the church tank is rediculous but they didnt make it, ony the cheap looking cross with coral.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davdev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Somewhere in New England
Yea the church tank is rediculous but they didnt make it, ony the cheap looking cross with coral.

The best part of that entire segment is when they are having trouble getting the cross to the bottom of the tank, the way it is edited makes it look like the entire congregation is watching and waiting. However, if you look closer, you can see a reflection in the glass, the cross was lowered in the middle of the day and you can see there is no one in the lobby. However, when they cut back to the congregation, the lobby is packed and it is dark outside.

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
After reading 00rollins posts I can see why people are opposed. I have watched a few episodes but never really paid much attention. You can tell its scripted and dramatized. I like natural setups, not outrageous wacky fish tanks.

No way someone would spend thousands of dollars on a tank to be built/customized for it to be built in a week and setup in 3 days.. I want my s---t done right, even if it takes months.

I remember seeing the skateboarding tank and wonder if that actually worked out. I can imagine the fish are constantly stressed with skateboards flying by them and the vibrations from the impact.

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Doesn't surprise me about the fish dying. Most of them look sickly and lethargic when they show the final results. I think the stuff they build looks like crap. If you pay attention when they do a close-up you can see the messy seams and tons of bubbles in the corners. Apparently quality doesn't matter as long as you can sell drama. They're like the Jersey Shore guys of the aquarium world.

Can't hate on them though. They must be doing well for themselves. A show like that isn't meant for us hobbyists. It's made for the outsider that enjoys a drama and bling. Kinda like Sons of Guns. That show gets ripped to shreds on any gun forum.

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS

To my understanding they did the church tank, but just not on the show.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Doesn't surprise me about the fish dying. Most of them look sickly and lethargic when they show the final results. I think the stuff they build looks like crap. If you pay attention when they do a close-up you can see the messy seams and tons of bubbles in the corners. Apparently quality doesn't matter as long as you can sell drama. They're like the Jersey Shore guys of the aquarium world.

Can't hate on them though. They must be doing well for themselves. A show like that isn't meant for us hobbyists. It's made for the outsider that enjoys a drama and bling. Kinda like Sons of Guns. That show gets ripped to shreds on any gun forum.
In the phone booth episode you can see them adding a dead Damsel

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS

On at least one episode they made the guys redo seams, because of bubbles. I don't have HD tv, but I've looked for bubbles and sloppy work on the seams and haven't seen any. Isn't saying they're the jersey shore guys of the aquarium world stereotyping and wrong? Using the sons of guns thing is silly. Any internet forum including this one likes to pick apart everything right or wrong. That's what happens when you get a bunch of know it alls with anonymity. Anything getting picked apart on any internet forum really proves nothing, especially since a lot of it just seems like jealous hating. I'm curious why you watch the show, since you don't seem to like it.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store