Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
in red.

On at least one episode they made the guys redo seams, because of bubbles. I don't have HD tv, but I've looked for bubbles and sloppy work on the seams and haven't seen any. Oh they are there. Trust me.

Isn't saying they're the jersey shore guys of the aquarium world stereotyping and wrong? Why? Who said it's a bad thing? Aren't you stereotyping now?
Using the sons of guns thing is silly. You missed the point I was trying to make. It's not silly. It's the exact same thing that happens with this fish show on a fish forum as it does with a gun show on a gun forum. Not that hard to see the connection.

Any internet forum including this one likes to pick apart everything right or wrong. That's what happens when you get a bunch of know it alls with anonymity. Anything getting picked apart on any internet forum really proves nothing, especially since a lot of it just seems like jealous hating. Jealous of what? Hating? I even clearly stated I can't hate on them. It's called an opinion. You have one. I have one. We all do. Get used to it. I'll be here all week.

I'm curious why you watch the show, since you don't seem to like it. Because I can.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jay_leask

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
canada
i was reading on another forum last year when the 1st season was on, that a guy went down to the candyshop to see the gum ball machine tank. he got there and the tank wasnt there, asked the girl who was working there where it was and she said it was there only for the show taping.

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
I'm not sure if you understood me. It seems you actually agree with me in a way. Political ideas get picked apart on political forums. Sports get picked apart on sports forums.

I was trying to point out that just because something is picked apart on a forum doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. Everyone has opinions on the way things should be done and the anonymity of an internet forum seems to make people more vocal and confrontational.

I didn't mean you personally were jealous or hating. I thought you were saying because tanked gets picked apart on here proved they did things wrong the same with sons of guns. I was just saying, because something is criticized online doesn't mean anything.

I'm sure they do some things wrong. I'm sure they don't do everything wrong though. There's the problem though. You can surely find people to be critical of everything they do.

Thanks for expressing your opinion. I'll be happy to hear more of your opinions, so get used to it. I'll be here all week as well.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
^ LOL my bad. It sure sounded like all that was directed at me. No hard interwebz feelings :)

Johnnylightning

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
North Carolina
I was at Vegas three months ago it was there and I only saw three fish. I was to hung over to care to look at it.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
^ LOL my bad. It sure sounded like all that was directed at me. No hard interwebz feelings :)
Sometimes I don't always word things right, so they mean what I'm trying to say as well. Lol. You're one of the more likable members on here, so I don't want to upset you. Lol

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Here are my 2 Cents. i have noticed during the show many times they break every rule of comatibility and stocking that any noob is told when going sw. my other biggest beef is the delicate extremely hard to kee fish being glorified like if they are good choices for a new fish or any tank. its like my local zoo who had on dislay a full grown tiger oscar in a 10g tank. so everyone who sees that oscar can be like oh hey look you can kee that fish in a 10g i can buy one tomorrow. i understand you want to showcase a animal or tank but at what expense? one of the biggest roblems with people new to fish keeping is the misinformation they get from etstores now on tv? i watch the show to see the drama and tank designs but always end u getting angry.

labenator65000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Midwest
I think the show is entertaining. The people on there are funny, and the tank designs are very clever. Yes, I see concerns about the stock they choose for their tanks. However, I don't take Tanked as an educational show, but more so of an entertainment show with a unique theme. Tanked is one of the few shows that are not so offensive that I can't watch with my family. This next statement is said without intent to insult or offend anyone: If the watcher of the show is not entertained or is offended, feel free to change the channel :). There is an endless variety of TV shows that I think are dumb, I just don't watch them (well ok, some dumb shows I do watch, admittedly).

If you want to give another similar show a chance, Google Fish Tank Kings (NatGEO Wild). Perhaps they will take it a bit more seriously. I'm looking forward to that one as well.

I'm a fan of Tanked, though. If I had the money that these (supposed) customers have, I would consider having them custom-build a modest (but huge) tank. I would just choose to add the decor and stock of my own choice.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store