One 1,000G Indoor Monsterfish Pond Coming Up! (Ghetto Style)

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
I hope your covering up the pond this time, so the aros don't die again...
No I am not covering. There is simply no practical way to cover a pond. If Aros find half an inch of space in TANKS and jump out, how in the world am I going to be able to cover a 10 feet circular pond and prevent it from jumping. In fact, once in while, I allow them to jump out into the middle as I hold the fish 4-5 feet up in the air. Guests are astonished when I give them that show.

Terrible news about the leak, but glad to hear you regained your sanity and jumped back in the hobby. You are truly an inspiring aquarist and I have high expectations for the continuation of this thread!! :drool:
What leak? It was a joke.

how could you go get fish that big but forget to bring a air pump/??? lolz
I know right?! Guess it had something to do with it having been a spur of the moment thing. These sellers become very desperate and if you don't pick up immediately, they'll dispose somehow. That's why I immediately pick up these monster fish that need a new home.

Ha! I bought my 1000G pond today will be putting it up in the garage so my cars will be parked outside will start a new thread and keep you up to date
There you go! Hahaha Know your priorities!

I'm planning on doing a pond exactly like yours very soon (index pool). What is your top liner? I would really like to use one just like it.
I believe it's a Polyurethane something something. It's a bit stiffer (I imagine) than the famed firestone liners. But yeah the light color is splendid for the overall look. I think that liner only cost me around $70.

Fish deaths:
I picked up: rtc, tsn and 2 silver aros. The guy said "hey, why don't you take this foot long Clown Knife Fish for free" "Why not?" I said.

Lo and behold. The CKF turned out to be a killer as it killed 2 of my rays and another CKF literally twice its size.

I had no idea it was aggressive as I was observing no issues during the day. It was at night I guess that it was going berserk.

AngryCichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2011
Sacramento, California
Just went through the whole thread. By far the coolest thing ive seen of MFK. Such a great story and will definitely be a great way to learn how to make one of these when i get my own house some day :p haha

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines

cory1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2012
jackson wisconsin
wow!!! this is the most bad ass idea iv ever seen. setting up a pool inside the house as a pond! epic! pat on the back for thinking outside the box. i figured you said ghetto way i was thinking a small kiddie pool in the living room not a huge huge pool inside the house. i wish i had the room for something like this. guess ill have to stick to my outdoor pond.

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Next month: My Pond will be celebrating its 3rd year anniversary wooohooo :headbang2

To celebrate, here's a quick video update. I should get a feeding video soon right?

[YT]kaY1QDpimBA[/YT]

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
This is the normal water level, last time I computed, this is around 1,350 gals.

When I do WC, it goes down this low:

This 12" Female Motoro unfortunately passed away recently.

This 2' CKF got murdered by a monstrous 12" CKF

Some filtration/media shots:

Don't pet the monster fish!!!

This what you'll get:

Hehe actually, I don't get bit when I pet, I got bit by the 34 incher because I was picking up stray pellets to throw to the ID shark, I wasn't paying attention and before I realized it the silver took a "nip". This was unfortunately the 3rd day of a fasting period, so he wasn't really in the best of moods.

nosking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2008
ny
Awesome haven't checked up on the pond in over a year and its still looking fantastic!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store