Orinos fighting!!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I know orinos are super aggressive, which sucks.. I hate when cichla fight and u start losing one by one or seeing them lose a eye
Yeah I feel you. I wish I had some advise for you. Maybe try giving ditter fish a try. Can't hurt

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I had a small pinima that all of my old bass used to bully on, and it was brutal. Even with dithers they picked on him, and I just knew that they were going to kill him. Well that pinima had an appetite like I'd never seen before and ended up growing faster than any bass that Ive owned. Once it grew close in size that pinima became super aggressive to the point where I had to get rid of it.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I had a small pinima that all of my old bass used to bully on, and it was brutal. Even with dithers they picked on him, and I just knew that they were going to kill him. Well that pinima had an appetite like I'd never seen before and ended up growing faster than any bass that Ive owned. Once it grew close in size that pinima became super aggressive to the point where I had to get rid of it.
Funny how the tables will turn.

Maybe try target feeding that Orino and feeding the rest less which should give him a chance to rejuvenate and maybe grow a little.

Reactions: bigpac and isde02

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
I have had multiple different orinos from different locations. They have all been aggressive. My kelebri were not aggressive. I'm hoping these intermedia aren't as aggressive as the orinos.

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
Need help guys, no matter decor I do my orinos are always fighting... I'm about to lose 1 due to fighting. I have 4 orinos, all same size

Any suggestions.. it sucks seeing them dying one by one and fins all damage

View attachment 1209792
View attachment 1209793
Get more bass!! I've found recently (at least in my experience) that the real harmony lies with at least 6 bass. 4 is good but they sometimes will still kill 1 off..

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
You may also need to pull that one out before he dies. I wouldnt hope that he will get better because I've rarely seen it. Just what i would do

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
There's always going to be a wiping boy. Pull that one out and the next one is going to be in line. Just target feed that one fish heavily and you should be alright. He might even become the aggressor.

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
There's always going to be a wiping boy. Pull that one out and the next one is going to be in line. Just target feed that one fish heavily and you should be alright. He might even become the aggressor.
Yeah I've seen this happen before. I lost 3 out of a pack of 7 juvies cause they just wouldn't stop singling out the weakest one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store