Ornate with common pleco

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I know first hand about losing a valuable poly to a $2 pleco. Stripped a foot long endli that was still in QT. It lived about 3 days. The guy is feeding you a line to get rid of it.

Eglinlotus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2013
Ft Walton Beach, FL
good question i would say yes and ropefish would be even more susceptible since they are longer and have more space to be sucked

hahahaha.........Giggity

I couldnt help it, it read funny

I got rid of my Green spotted pleco and am currently trying to get rid of my inspector pleco so I can get this ornate and have no problems. To me pleco have no personality while Bichir's are Legen...........wait for it..........dary!

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
hahahaha.........Giggity

I got rid of my Green spotted pleco and am currently trying to get rid of my inspector pleco so I can get this ornate and have no problems. To me pleco have no personality while Bichir's are Legen...........wait for it..........dary!
:grinno: lol

bigme213

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2012
louisiana
i wouldn't risk the ornate. if u want it lose the pleco. I've seen so many people on here lose their bichirs to plecos sucking slime coat and it can happen pretty fast i think

Eglinlotus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2013
Ft Walton Beach, FL
Yea but its not easy to get rid of a common pleco to a good sized tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
COUGH ...toilet.....COMPLETELY KIDDING..... your lfs should be able to take it off your hands no problem some people like the larger ones anyways dont expect to get money for him but at least he is out of your hair err tank

yngggru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2013
Philippines
hahahaha.........Giggity

+10000000 bichirs are AWESOME! But I have kept plecos with bot my gar and bichirs. Well I only have one pleco and he is HUGE. He never touches my gar tho. But sometimes my pleco likes to chase my sens but never touches them too. I moved my sens from the tank because of the gar taking fins not bc of the pleco. But I still wouldnt risk it haha sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store