Ornate with common pleco

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
If I gave him to the lfs someone might put him in a little tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
And if you put him with the polys youre going to be putting the polys in the toilet. My old common pleco almost killed my rope to answer your other question. bye bye pleco. Its one or the other im afraid

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joeypaul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
Lakeland,Florida
I have a royal pleco, and gold nugget with my senegal, ropefish, and Endlichir. Not one problem in 6 months.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I have a royal pleco, and gold nugget with my senegal, ropefish, and Endlichir. Not one problem in 6 months.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Sometimes you can get away with it, but it's not exactly an instant thing it's one of those things where you don't know what it taste like till you taste it. So until the plecos accidentally land on the polys and get a hint for it they won't know what they missing out on.

allaboutfish1996

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
memphis tn
If I were to get rid of the common pleco? How many bichirs could I get and what bichirs are suitable for my tank? The dimensions are 48in long by 24in wide by however high.

allaboutfish1996

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
memphis tn
I was thinking of getting an albino Senegal and an ornate. Maybe a weeksii too if I could.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
If I were to get rid of the common pleco? How many bichirs could I get and what bichirs are suitable for my tank? The dimensions are 48in long by 24in wide by however high.

Depends on what the other stock is

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish1996

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
memphis tn
Its
12-assorted rainbow fish
1-blood parrot
1-kirin parrot
1-jack Dempsey
1-cutteri cichlid
1-severum
2 canister filters and a few plants. Lots of rock.

Will the bichirs be able to eat my rainbows? I'm about to spend a lot of money on the rest of my rainbows and I don't want them to get eating

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
There's a good possibility that the Ornate will go after the Rainbows. Common Plecos are the biggest culprits of slim sucking on Bichirs. It really depends on the Bichir's activity level and the type of Plecos. I find that active Bichirs, such as Ornates and most Upper Jaw species, are left alone. I currently have 6 Bichirs with 2 Fancy Plecos for many years now and never had an issue.

allaboutfish1996

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
memphis tn
I was gonna get rid of the common. Will a weeksii, albino sen, or palm as polli go after the rainbows?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store