PART DEUX!!! - Epic Overhaul (3D Backgrounds/300g, 250g, 120g tanks)

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
Been watching the progress ever since you told me in our last phone conversation. Congrats on the new home / car garage turned into a man cave. Your stands and 3d background turned out awesome as well as the view sitting in the center of that room! =-)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
The drain isn't off topic at all. I was planning on working on my drip system this week and updating the thread as I go. I do not think I will run a large drain like that though. I think I may just run 1/2" line around the garage and hook up the drip to that. Quick disconnects at each tank. I will be running the drip system outside to a box I am going to build to grow earthworms for an additional food source. I'll post up my specs tonight when I get home.
I went with the 1.5" just so I could use my gravel vac without the extra 50' of hose. I also plan on a valve for each tank to drain the whole thing for whatever reason. That's the only reason for such a large drain. I have this exact system up and running now in my living room and it works great.
A 1/2" line will easily work for a single tank drip system but I would go to at least 1" if you’re going to put multiple tanks on that drain.

cordero01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
costa rica
man just been reading this thread and the first one in 2010 3 days in row its just amazing, Bean animal system is the way to go but your hybrid and your way to reduce air its just soo clean, keep up your hard work men, puura vida from Costa Rica

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Great thread, great build. Everything is great good job dude. Your festea look tiny in that tank. And that's good. Again awesome job!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks Anthony!!! WHen you coming down bro? I got a tank I'm building that won't be posted I want to show you ;)

Been watching the progress ever since you told me in our last phone conversation. Congrats on the new home / car garage turned into a man cave. Your stands and 3d background turned out awesome as well as the view sitting in the center of that room! =-)

Thanks Mike! Sorry I didn't text you back the other night. I had a physical set back that put me in the ER and on my back Monday. I'm getting back on track but having to take a few days rest per Dr orders :irked:

I went with the 1.5" just so I could use my gravel vac without the extra 50' of hose. I also plan on a valve for each tank to drain the whole thing for whatever reason. That's the only reason for such a large drain. I have this exact system up and running now in my living room and it works great.
A 1/2" line will easily work for a single tank drip system but I would go to at least 1" if you’re going to put multiple tanks on that drain.
Well I don't think I'm going to have the height to work with for large plumbing like that. There is a concrete lip around the garage I have to get over and 1.5" plumbing will make the water level in the sumps too high to use such thick plumbing. I am going to have to go uber stealthy on this drip system. No quick drains in this house. The next one will for sure though. I'll post more details as soon as I can.

Wonderful fish room!!
Thanks bro!

Great update, love the Festae in the 250. Sorry to hear about the fries. You'll be happy with future spawns with the room.

It's all good. I am looking forward to the next spawn. I had 4 fry last night and have none as of today. It's for the better anyway because now I can crank up the filtration and test things without worrying of sucking up fry. Silver lining.. :D

:drool: man i love to have a fish room for myself...great job!
Thanks man! Give it a month and it will be a night and day difference (for the better)!!!

man just been reading this thread and the first one in 2010 3 days in row its just amazing, Bean animal system is the way to go but your hybrid and your way to reduce air its just soo clean, keep up your hard work men, puura vida from Costa Rica
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad your enjoying the thread. I am enjoying the build :thumbsup:

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Since I can't do any physical work right now, I am playing around with lighting and think I found a combo I am quite happy with. I wanted natural soft light that shimmers and is darker on the sides of the tank. What do you guys think (about the lighting, not the incomplete scape)?

DSC_0032 - Copy.JPG

They are both still washed out and looking dull sorry.

DSC_0032 - Copy.JPG

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I like the lighting a lot. I think people often go with too blue of a temperature, but I really like this. What are you using?:popcorn:

Lighting is the last thing I need to decide on for my 110 long build I have been working on, so I am really curious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store