pellet question

davidwy

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Muddybank
Some aros prefer to chew some juz swallow... there are two sizes of hikari sticks.... get the smaller ones if yur aros are still small.... switch to hikari jumbo stick when they hit 12" above

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cheers felixxx they look cheep enough with free postage , ill get sone ordered on weekend , give spectrum a try also :D

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Jumbo isn't big enough. Lol only if they made big sticks :(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DayumDanny

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Connecticut
I use hikari jumbo carnisticks. My silvers and blacks are around 16" while the lei is around 10". I break the jumbos in half and throw them in. Mine still make a mess and have been eating carnistick for almost 8 months. i've noticed that they get very aggressive when it comes to feeding and if you toss all the sticks in at the same time, mouthfuls will make them chew and food comes out their gills. I usually do a couple a time spread out and this seems to solve the problem.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
hikari logs ? Lol :D
Shut up and take my money! Lol yeah I would buy them if they make them. I had to turn over to tetra cichid jumbo sticks cuz they are a little bigger for half the price

I wish my was able to ate them like yours but my guys almost 23inch long and fat. Cost of feeding him is to high for store pellets
Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
My guy makes a tremendous mess of the pellets no matter how fresh or soggy they are. I've given up hope that he'll stop making a mess and I kind of just accept it now and net out the left overs.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My cats clean up all the excess waste in my tank but that causes more fish crap from them so I can't win , gravel cleaner to the ready :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store