PETA Hates The Aquarium Hobby! (article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Well I read here awhile ago that this will never happen in North America How do you think we have now. PETA has started the ball rolling soon the HSUS will join in and you will have regulations someday we can never meet. Someone at the start of the thread said PETA used to be ok. Guess what the person who started PETA is still in charge of it. The people who actually treat animals poorly are so far and few that they are least of our worries. Groups like PETA are a bunch of truth twisting scum bags that prey on young school children and little old ladies. There is a video on You Tube of a group wanting to end the dairy industry and telling the reporter the cows could be set free and nature will take them in. What a pile of crap but people buy into it.
I have seen it now on this thread our fellow hobbiests being suck into the PETA mind set. It is time we stand up and fight for our hobby and become vocal before we lose our hobby. You were all nay saying the law in England about a month ago well now it is here wake up. If you want some real truth check out how PETA treated their rescued dogs and cats. They put down over 10000 of them.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I view dimly on the concept of "unalienable rights" for animals other than human beings. They do not have "rights" because frankly they will not observe and operate under such set of rights.

The only rights afforded to animals are the ones nature allows - the strong survives and the weak perishes.

That said, humans can, if socially agreed upon, punish people who abuse their animals under their care; or even ban certain activities. It is up to all of us to keep these rules reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
This thread got me thinking about the "fish shaming" thread, where people post pictures of their fish and list something shameful that said fish had done; what if there was a "human (MFKer) shaming" thread?
I don't know, no matter how hard I tried to show my Oscar it is wrong to eat my surplus guppies from my planted aquarium from my office, he still does it. Showing him a picture of himself and some English text has no affect on him! What gives?! Has it no shame?

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Well I read here awhile ago that this will never happen in North America How do you think we have now. PETA has started the ball rolling soon the HSUS will join in and you will have regulations someday we can never meet. Someone at the start of the thread said PETA used to be ok. Guess what the person who started PETA is still in charge of it. The people who actually treat animals poorly are so far and few that they are least of our worries. Groups like PETA are a bunch of truth twisting scum bags that prey on young school children and little old ladies. There is a video on You Tube of a group wanting to end the dairy industry and telling the reporter the cows could be set free and nature will take them in. What a pile of crap but people buy into it.
I have seen it now on this thread our fellow hobbiests being suck into the PETA mind set. It is time we stand up and fight for our hobby and become vocal before we lose our hobby. You were all nay saying the law in England about a month ago well now it is here wake up. If you want some real truth check out how PETA treated their rescued dogs and cats. They put down over 10000 of them.
I can NOT agree more! actually, check out this website! They have euthanized more like 31,000 animals!
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
PETA=
People Euthanizing Thousands Of Animals

We will NOT let them take our hobby! we gotta fight back!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
That is bullcrap, no offense to those nutcases but I think they're mixing us, the responsible hobbyists up with the majority of the population that has NO idea how to care for fish. And sure there may be some collectors that just want money but many of there goals are to distribute fish to hobbyists so we may further enjoy the hobby.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
That is bullcrap, no offense to those nutcases but I think they're mixing us, the responsible hobbyists up with the majority of the population that has NO idea how to care for fish. And sure there may be some collectors that just want money but many of there goals are to distribute fish to hobbyists so we may further enjoy the hobby.
oh and they are also against fishing as a sport.
these people are hypocritical fools that need to be stopped.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
I'll play devils advocate... mind you I didn't even read the article... I presume it focuses on fish treatment.. but it is true that the aquarium trade significantly contributes to:

Exploitation of wild fish and coral- in some cases full extinction

The spread of invasive species

and on what they are probably focusing on... I think its accurate to say that most pet fish are kept in substandard conditions. I can very easily base this on what I see. Hell, about half pet stores keep fish in substandard conditions... can't expect the public to do better.

I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion here.. but the truth sometimes sucks.

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
I view dimly on the concept of "unalienable rights" for animals other than human beings. They do not have "rights" because frankly they will not observe and operate under such set of rights.

The only rights afforded to animals are the ones nature allows - the strong survives and the weak perishes.

That said, humans can, if socially agreed upon, punish people who abuse their animals under their care; or even ban certain activities. It is up to all of us to keep these rules reasonable.

Animals have just as much rights as we humans do........

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store