Peta says: Fish Keeping = BAD!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
They have ray touch pools at aquariums. :confused:
i thought that (ive been to one of those too, theyre the best). i read it the other day when looking up about atlantic stingrays, and it was a load of reasons not to ride on mantas (apparently its quite common). then again it included that the extra effort is burning more fuel on the manta that can be used on other things (growth, health etc), and also because they swim quite fast divers often hang on to long and get dragged to far out to sea. i cant find the page tho. maybe its not true

Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Albany Indiana
why dont they got bother red lobster for keeping the lobsters in the tank just waiting to be ate and leave us fish keepers alone!!!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
• Some fish tend well-kept gardens, encouraging the growth of tasty algae and weeding out the types they don't like.

• Like birds, many fish build nests where they raise their babies; others collect little rocks off the seafloor to make hiding places where they can rest.

Jeox,
both of these are true statements, though stated in a very slanted fashion,
concerning gardens, should we also think warm, fuzzy thoughts about ants and termites, they do the same.
And for nest building, and hiding places, wood boring mullosks (torpedo worms), ants, and wasps all make shelters and build nests. Also while some fish are nest guarders most also eat their young once they have matured a bit.
Davo, many fish direct a flow of water over their eggs or otherwise care for them, most sunnies, sticklebacks, and even african aros do.

So while these idiots do incorporate facts in their premise they do it in a way to make those facts seem to support a flawed logic.

It is a bit like saying that many people with red hair have blue eyes, have freckles, and sunburn easily. All those statements are verifiably true. How ever using those "truths" to support a statement that if you dye your hair red will make your eyes turn blue would be false logic. This type of crap is laced throughout their diatribes.

Can you tell that I am not a PETA fan? heheh.

lil_blue

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Idaho
lol, hooked fish die within 6 days, ive caugt fish with like 6 hooks that got broken off in their stomach or mouth, i think theyre just paraphrasing some B.S. study, because PETA is too cheap to do a good sturdy study themselves

did you know that PETA actually brings in money?

i can see some of this being true in some ways

most of the fish that we keep are capable of breeding in captivity, so if their that happy (convicts dont count) then what are we doing wrong?

and the only fish that DON'T build nests of some sort are mouth-brooders and egg scatterers, and livebearers

and btw PETArds, gathering rocks together for a place to breed IS the same thing as builind a nest, work with what ya got

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
meh they are full of quotes and information that can be turned to make the cause suited to them. there will always be contradictions to these statements. they are extremists, and the information they give out reflects this

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Posted by guppy:

Speaking of indimidation, some years ago a female friend of mine was wearing a coyote fur jacket (she had shot them herself one winter near Yakima, Wa.), A PETA jerk threw a small can of red paint on her, including the can which struck above her eye. She kicked the snot out of him and punched up a couple other PETA members with him when they interfered.

Good for her:nutkick:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
lol. a lot of zoos and wildlife places wont allow fur coats to be warn on the premises. maybe its because they may attract the other animals :)

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
• Some fish tend well-kept gardens, encouraging the growth of tasty algae and weeding out the types they don't like.

• Like birds, many fish build nests where they raise their babies; others collect little rocks off the seafloor to make hiding places where they can rest.

Jeox,
both of these are true statements, though stated in a very slanted fashion,
concerning gardens, should we also think warm, fuzzy thoughts about ants and termites, they do the same.
And for nest building, and hiding places, wood boring mullosks (torpedo worms), ants, and wasps all make shelters and build nests. Also while some fish are nest guarders most also eat their young once they have matured a bit.
Davo, many fish direct a flow of water over their eggs or otherwise care for them, most sunnies, sticklebacks, and even african aros do.

So while these idiots do incorporate facts in their premise they do it in a way to make those facts seem to support a flawed logic.

It is a bit like saying that many people with red hair have blue eyes, have freckles, and sunburn easily. All those statements are verifiably true. How ever using those "truths" to support a statement that if you dye your hair red will make your eyes turn blue would be false logic. This type of crap is laced throughout their diatribes.

Can you tell that I am not a PETA fan? heheh.
Thats pretty much what I meant to say. I'm bad at explaining.:D

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
I don't like PETA people. They kill, support things that kill, help screw over and offend humans, say things in a "slanted" fashion, and and are overall idiots. Some things they say are true, I will admit this. But again, VERY "slanted" fashion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store