Pex Tubing

Darkness9876

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
Nowhere, KS
Anybody use this?

Seems like it would be a very simple thing to use to run water to every tank in a fishroom.

Just tap into existing lines add a manifold and

http://www.360winnett.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/pex-475x401.jpg

Seems like it would be good to run overflows out of smaller tanks an then into a large sump tank. like if you were raising inverts and had multiple 10g tanks to run to a large 50g or so sump.

Darkness9876

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
Nowhere, KS
It seems like it would be alot easier and cleaner looking than using pvc and copper. This way you could just run it right to the tank and add a ball valve at the end.

Would make plumbing a fishroom in an existing room alot easier.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
It is a lot easier than pvc,and sweating copper. I work in a whole sale plumbing warehouse and we sell TONS of the stuff. The only disadvantage is I haven't seen anything bigger than 1 1/2", not that you would need it any bigger.

Darkness9876

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
Nowhere, KS
Ive seen it on some specialty places up to 4" IIRC

But like you said. For hooking up sumps if they made the correct fittings and whatnot than you wouldn't need more than an 1" if you needed that even.

I hear the fittings are expensive but most generally you only need 2 for each length.

I think it has great potential if the correct fittings are available.

Darkness9876

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
Nowhere, KS
Plumbing stores carry it and even places like lowes now have tons of the stuff.

I like the fact you can get it in clear, red, and blue. Red for return and blue for output. Makes tracking things in the fishroom easy!

And i haven't heard anything about lawsuits.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store