Planted 75g SA tank

TjHallock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Slidell, LA
Little update on my 75. Picked up a couple discus on a deal I couldn't pass on, so that explains the blue and pigeon blood discus in there... I think they make for a nice centerpiece fish. I would like to get a couple more for my 125 upgrade, but that won't be for a few months at least. They have acclimated well, really quick and even allow you to hand feed them so they are doing really well with the high quality water due to changes. Also picked up a nice L14 pleco too... you can barely see him on the trunk in the picture. Also going to add a couple more reddish plants to cover the little gap in the middle, so look for another update soon!

Lako

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas
What are the tall plants you have in the back left. I believe I've got a few and haven't been able to identify them. Did they produce leaves all the way up the trunk?

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Very nice job man. What lighting do you use?

TjHallock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Slidell, LA
What are the tall plants you have in the back left. I believe I've got a few and haven't been able to identify them. Did they produce leaves all the way up the trunk?

Hygrophila corymbosa. Grows like a weed sometimes, and yes, sprouts leave from the very top. The leaves start to fall off and only about a third of the plants keeps them. Makes for a nice background plant, being it can provide space!

Capricorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
USA
Little update on my 75. Picked up a couple discus on a deal I couldn't pass on, so that explains the blue and pigeon blood discus in there... I think they make for a nice centerpiece fish. I would like to get a couple more for my 125 upgrade, but that won't be for a few months at least. They have acclimated well, really quick and even allow you to hand feed them so they are doing really well with the high quality water due to changes. Also picked up a nice L14 pleco too... you can barely see him on the trunk in the picture. Also going to add a couple more reddish plants to cover the little gap in the middle, so look for another update soon!

I really like your tank setup!!

How much did it cost you all together to set the whole thing up? And is it hard to maintain a Planted tank?
I would love to turn my tank into a planted tank, but I don't have the slightest clue how at this moment, I know I need Carbon in my tank for
The plants and all, but is there anything else important that I have to know.....?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store