Please help im a beginner

❤️ my yellow lab

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2023
I'm using this bioactive tapsafe plus..so it's 1ml to every 9l of water ..I can't remember now how much it was..so to do 10 or even 20%water change?x

❤️ my yellow lab

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2023
I'm not familiar with that brand...do you have Seachem Prime or an API conditioner in your area?
Yeah I used seen the searches plus I think its called on amazon..this one does work really good .my old tank was crystal clear..this is API condition (I think I seen that on write up when I first brought this..I will sat this thu..this makes my nose itch and run if I sir in room tanks in. Even a correct dosage...x

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
❤️ my yellow lab ❤️ my yellow lab Are you testing your water parameters?
Do you have a test kit?
I personally wouldn't trust that Interpet Bioactive tap safe plus.
First red flags for me adds beneficial bacteria and Aloe Vera.
I personally don't trust beneficial bacteria in a bottle.

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
Never heard of that brand, or adding aloe vera, but the most important part of the conditioner is the dechlorinater, everything else is just trying to sell you more than you need. If you do your water change by buckets, then you only dose the amount of water in the bucket(maybe 15 to 20l volume) before adding it back to the tank. If you add tap water directly to the tank maybe with a hose, then you need to dose the amount of the whole tank (300l)

The beneficial bacteria, if it works, is only really useful when starting from scratch, but your old tank has been running awhile and should be fully cycled, a test for nitrite and nitrate should confirm this. Use your old filter, or at least media from it in your new tank and you will get the beneficial bacteria you need already.

❤️ my yellow lab

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2023
That is what I was concerned about. That aloe vera thing had me a little uneasy lol.
Omg really?? I have to say whilst using this the water has been crystal!,but if its at a cost it will hurt my fish on anyway I WILL stop use....can you recommend a good one..I know someone said seachem?I did use a seachem plus aquarium water conditioner..I'm so confused..I REALLY need yo no the basic.what is it I need to be using..also any medication I should ad ..there's so much different advice videos.helllppp..lol
❤️ my yellow lab ❤️ my yellow lab Are you testing your water parameters?
Do you have a test kit?
I personally wouldn't trust that Interpet Bioactive tap safe plus.
First red flags for me adds beneficial bacteria and Aloe Vera.
I personally don't trust beneficial bacteria in a bottle.

❤️ my yellow lab

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2023
Omg really?? I have to say whilst using this the water has been crystal!,but if its at a cost it will hurt my fish on anyway I WILL stop use....can you recommend a good one..I know someone said seachem?I did use a seachem plus aquarium water conditioner..I'm so confused..I REALLY need yo no the basic.what is it I need to be using..also any medication I should ad ..there's so much different advice videos.helllppp..lol
Yes I do test the water..always have .that was something I learned early but am not 100% sure on that..so sometime it say between 05 nitrate ppm..0 nitriteppm 0 chloroneppm..usually 150-300 total hardness ppmcarbonste120-180 pH 7.6-8.0..I mean the fish are looking real healthy..I'm so glad I was advised on here to get a bigger tank because my ray(yellow lab) he's had a growth spurt even since going into the 300l..well they all have but he's just been growing n growing.lol..I remember saying when I brought him I want the little yellow one with yhe black stripe...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store