Please help me

onepunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2024
My african chiclids chased my asian Arowana and my arowana jumped out of the tank.thankfully my mom was there at the time.can anyone tell me what to do?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
My african chiclids chased my asian Arowana and my arowana jumped out of the tank.thankfully my mom was there at the time.can anyone tell me what to do?
Ok...so for one, I wouldn't reccomend keeping African Cichlids with an Arowana. And two, I would leave the Arowana alone. It should be fine if it doesn't show signs of sickness or injury. How far did it fall? Did it fling itself across the room or plop a few feet down from the tank?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
How long was the Asian Arowana added with the African Cichlids.
I agree with separating the aro from the African cichlids. I think the same harassment will be given from the African Cichlids. Arowana are not equipped to fight back imo.
Well with my experience with Silver Arowana.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Depending on tank size, maybe you could do something like another Arowana, Stingrays, Peacock Bass, or some peaceful cichlids that aren't highly aggressive.

onepunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2024
How long was the Asian Arowana added with the African Cichlids.
I agree with separating the aro from the African cichlids. I think the same harassment will be given from the African Cichlids. Arowana are not equipped to fight back imo.
Well with my experience with Silver Arowana.

onepunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2024
Ok...so for one, I wouldn't reccomend keeping African Cichlids with an Arowana. And two, I would leave the Arowana alone. It should be fine if it doesn't show signs of sickness or injury. How far did it fall? Did it fling itself across the room or plop a few feet down from the tank?
2 ft down

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
2 ft down
Ok, that isn't too terrible. It should be fine. As mentioned above, just leave it alone for a while and monitor it closely. Then, after a few days, rehome the African Cichlids in favor of more appropriate tank mates (assuming that you prefer the Arowana).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store