Please help me

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Can any body tell me what can I do about their shyness and their picky eating
While I don't know much about this, I'll try to help:

1. Are their water conditions good? No dirty water and improper water parameters?

2. Are they in their own tank or with other fish? If they are with other fish, are they being beaten up or harassed by the other fish?

3. Are they new? Did you just get these, or have you had them for a while?

4. Is the environment stressful outside of the tank? Constant loud noises? Constant bothering by other people other than yourself?

5. Finally, are there enough hiding places in the tank for both fish? I know it's reverse logic, but sometimes fish will be more active and out when there are more hiding places because there is a nearby place of security if they need it.

I hope this helps!

onepunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2024
The water is very clean

They are on there own tank

I got them a week ago

The environment is very quite

There is hiding space only for the NTT

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
The water is very clean

They are on there own tank

I got them a week ago

The environment is very quite

There is hiding space only for the NTT
Ok. So, since they are new, I would give them time; I believe they should come around, but...you mentioned that you only have a space for the NTT; I think you should have spaces (multiple) for both fish. There will be fewer problems with them because each will have a house. If you have a low budget, getting some PVC pipe is an easy and cheap option. So are terracotta flowerpots. If you are trying to keep the tank looking aesthetic, then driftwood, rock caves, and other natural decor will look better but will be a bit more expensive.

Another thing I forgot to ask: do you have harsh tank lighting, or is it more shady/dim? Bright lights stress fish out (I've experienced this with my Discus) while dimmer lighting calms them down.

onepunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2024
Ok. So, since they are new, I would give them time; I believe they should come around, but...you mentioned that you only have a space for the NTT; I think you should have spaces (multiple) for both fish. There will be fewer problems with them because each will have a house. If you have a low budget, getting some PVC pipe is an easy and cheap option. So are terracotta flowerpots. If you are trying to keep the tank looking aesthetic, then driftwood, rock caves, and other natural decor will look better but will be a bit more expensive.

Another thing I forgot to ask: do you have harsh tank lighting, or is it more shady/dim? Bright lights stress fish out (I've experienced this with my Discus) while dimmer lighting calms them down.
My lights are very bright

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

onepunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2024
The fish are both babies so naturally they will be shy until they don't fear you. I suggest stop feeding the bloodworms and start feeding a pellet food. The Oscar should be the easiest to except other foods. The Datnoid will learn from the Oscar that the other food is ok to eat.
It is too shy to even come up to the tank it only eats something that sink

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store