Nov 7, 2018
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
<10ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Pleco sick from treatment???
125gallon freshwater, partially planted, river rock substrate (sparsely covered)

currently: (see below for prev details)
I THINK the plan is to get a new carbon filter since the water changes seem to upset him and use that to clear the water giving a few days for them to rest without the stress of additional changes. Also watermelon tonight to see if we can get him to eat. We have the old one but it’s been sitting out for 17 days. Not sure if it’s contaminated or anything.

Details:
so we noticed white spots on the goldfish and reading its supposedly never normal to have white spots we thought/think that it’s Ich and started treatment - Feb11
It’s been 17 days Of treating/re-treating daily w/water changes per bottle instructions. Garlic enhanced food in AM and garlic dipped wafers PM and just normal veggies/fruit when offered 2x week PM for the pleco.

-goldfish today: white spots haven’t changed on the fish although he does seem happier w/spending less time resting on the bottom

-pleco today: he looks like a different fish. He seems smaller and looks awful. His stress colors(light stripes) are out and his frill is down. He didn’t touch his broccoli last night at all- and next to watermelon that’s his favorite.

We just did the monthly maintenance last night so cleaning everything out and he may have lost too much of the good bacteria in the sponge. (We know not to get rid of it just saying maybe accidentally we could have rinsed it too much) other than that, we think it’s the treatment as we know catfish/plecos can be sensitive to it. Before ichX we were changing 25% weekly.

ANY THOUGHTs? Advice?Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks to all MFK users who respond!

3A1BC7E9-5CAA-4D19-ADEB-79D1846E2381.jpeg

25873DC5-C542-4854-A0FD-76578F7D954B.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store