Plecos and salt?

Freakdaddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Can plecos thrive and do well with salt in the tank? And what temp can they survive in? I have an albino sailfin, trinidad, leopard sailfin, royal, and vittata. I want to transfer them to a 55g with my datnoids.
I keep both together no salt...ever .
Do the Dats Need salt? never seen it mentioned.
I'd knock the temp down to 82
I keep 3 Loo1 Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus and 2 Datnoides Pulcher together for a year now both are thriving:)

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
I have a pleco in my tank with goldfish and saltwater fish. I have pics to prove it. Pleco does't seem to mind the salt.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i think that there is at least one dat that needs salt, but its not my area really

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Do you think they can handle the heat? I'm using aquarium salt to prevent disease and promote health with my dats.
sorry i was under the impression you meant marine salt, it should be fine (still not sure on the royal though). a lot of the plecs you have there (all i think) prefer slightly less heat, but then they'll prob be fine with it as long as its constant and theyve been acclimatised to it. maybe start raising the temp slowly in the tank they are in until the tank temperature meets the other one. i like wyldfya also keep my tanks slightly lower about 27 degrees C.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
29 degrees C is on the high side of what many plecos are accustomed too, but they should be fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store