Plecos and salt?

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
The dats I will be adding with my plecos are 2 thin bars and 1 Indo. They seem to do really well with some salt in the water and heat. This is why I wanted to know. The only dats that are brackish conditions are the silver dats and the NGTs are slightly brackish I think. Thanks for the info guys. So I guess the royal is the only one?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
yea, but it may be ok. i duno how much aquarium salt would become concentrated in algae or bogwood, and when how concentrated it is before it would harm the fish. i know you cant really use meds with royals, and a lot of unexplained deaths are due to not having bogwood

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
yea, but it may be ok. i duno how much aquarium salt would become concentrated in algae or bogwood, and when how concentrated it is before it would harm the fish. i know you cant really use meds with royals, and a lot of unexplained deaths are due to not having bogwood
Doesn't make them unexplained then does it?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
lol, alright. you know what i meant. it was a mystery to them. until i told em thats what they need lol. they are very prone to parasitic infections aswell in comparison to all other plecs

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
My first was a beautiful L190, but he died one day of a parasite. So I was very sad, and my wife bought me the L330 Royal! That made me very happy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store