Plywood Tank 10ftx3ftx2.5ft

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
O.K update for all

01-03-08

O.K. I got my fiber glass bits and pieces and also the bulkhead fittings for my trickle system. We drilled out the plywood to suite the bulkheads and then sanded the entire internal area plywood and timber that the pond shield was going onto.

I mixed up the first batch of pond shield as per instructions and applied to as much of the tank as possible, we then mixed the second and third batch applying through out the tank, I was not able to achieve the required thickness with the 3 kits I had purchased. I have ordered some more and will continue once it arrives.

I am going to start construction on my 3 d Styrofoam backing while I'm waiting for the next batch of pond armor to arrive.

Here is a link to pictures of the coating.

Bosa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
HaWaII
www.alluneedxtreme.biz
It's coming along awesome! I wish I had the "know how" to do something like that!
I just built my own stand for my 75 Gal, nothing fancy, but it works.

mr giant gourami

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
UK
im looking to build a tank like this the tank is looking great is that fiber glass tape u have put inthe corners ???

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
mr giant gourami;1569298; said:
im looking to build a tank like this the tank is looking great is that fiber glass tape u have put inthe corners ???
Yes, well it's fiber glass mat cut to size the fiber glass place I went to wanted 50$ plus for the fiber glass tape (50mtr rolls) so I just brought a few square meters of matting, all of 11 dollars worth and cut it myself. :)

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
Bosa;1567485; said:
It's coming along awesome! I wish I had the "know how" to do something like that!
I just built my own stand for my 75 Gal, nothing fancy, but it works.
Thanks Heaps, I had a good mate help!

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
very nice! cant wait to see it filling!

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
Fish Eat Fish;1571126; said:
very nice! cant wait to see it filling!
Thanks, Will be about 4-5 weeks before test fill, as I have a couple weeks to wait for more pond shield to arrive, then a week to get glass and another to let the glass silicon cure.

I figure I've waited 8 years to do my tank so another month or so, won't kill me I suppose, just the wife if it leaks. LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store