Plywood Tank 10ftx3ftx2.5ft

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
Kevaldo;1571226; said:
cool project, i'll be starting a 8'x4'x3' in the summer.

Will look forward to seeing your project once you get started :)

LemonHead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2007
Looking good! Can't wait to see finished product.

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
JonF;1575996; said:
WOW! Looking forward to watching your progress!
Thanks JonF more pics soon!

LemonHead;1580803; said:
Looking good! Can't wait to see finished product.
Cheers LemonHead! Me too!

Aqua Sanctuary;1580848; said:
shes a beauty ! good luck!
Thanks Aqua Sanctuary I hope she serves me well ;) thanks!

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
Update -- 13-03-08
Received Pond Shield today. Should be putting it on, Saturday night after we've been for some laps in the V8 Super cars.

I'll order glass on Monday and hopefully fit that next weekend, I'll post some pictures When the coatings finished and then again after I've fitted the glass. I'm going to let it sit for 2 weeks to make sure silicon has cured completely, then it's time for test fill.

I still haven't done anything about my 3d backing, I've been pricing the styrofoam and it's looking like about $200 + and I have just found my gearbox is in need of about $220 worth of repair, so I'm not sure what I will do.

The Competition Blue does look o.k. and all my tanks are generally blue background. Will think a little more about backing and keep all updated.

I found I buggered up the distance from the top of my tank to the intakes for the tricke system and now to get around it I am spending a bit extra on high pressure taps and fittings.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
pic updates!!!

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
Merbeast;1603078; said:
How did you come up with the size you chose? Was it planned or arbitrary?
Good question. I always want a monster tank. When we had our house built about 10 years ago, I got a 18x18ft room added to one end of it for a fish room, The lounge is on the other side and tank will be centered on the wall and viewable thru the lounge. As 8x2x2 is fairly common over here I had to go bigger.

So I decided on 10ft x 4ft, as I originally intended to go all glass construction I did not want to go over 2.5ft as I would have had to go from 15mm to 19mm glass and the cost would have been thru the roof. As it turns out having waited 10 years to construct the tank meant the glass prices went up and hence the reason for going with timber and plywood.

I also figure with a 10 x 4 foot print I would be able to house a 2-3 ft fish comfortably.

So I suppose it was planned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store