Polys in a 150

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Very true. They really do have amazing personalities. When I first set up my 180g, the three loaches and my large sen were the only two fish in the tank. I think they elected my sen as their leader, as they would follow him around the tank mimmicking his every move. It was hilarious to watch. Their communication appears to be highly complex. They change between dark and pale colors to indicate their mood to one another, and are constantly poking one another and pointing out objects of interest, which they will then proceed to buzz around until it becomes boring.

Research indicates that the dominant fish is capable of releasing growth inhibiting hormones into the water as a means of ensuring they stay larger than the others. This is thought to be a contributing factor in their painfully slow growth rates. Keeping up with water changes can diminish this.
Now I really want to get a school of these guys. Whether it's for my polys or a different tank. They sound fun lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I had 10 polys in my 75 gal they do just fine as long as u keep the water changed ... As long as they can fully turn in the tank they r fine ... I mean I wouldn't go bichir happy an throw like 100 in there lol but u will be ok for several more polys bro I got 7 now cause a couple I had died but I'm about to by 4 more this week

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I had 10 polys in my 75 gal they do just fine as long as u keep the water changed ... As long as they can fully turn in the tank they r fine ... I mean I wouldn't go bichir happy an throw like 100 in there lol but u will be ok for several more polys bro I got 7 now cause a couple I had died but I'm about to by 4 more this week

I do a 5-10% WC daily. So i may be able to get away with more in there. Ill still stick to around 9 or 10 for now

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Hey dont worry i do that for my two 75s upstairs lol. I feel your pain. Im too cheap to buy a python.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Whaaat GET A PYTHON! Best.Investment.Ever. Nothing beats watching your water change happen from the couch. Lets you multitask and clean filters or whatever. Suchhhh a good investment!

Let me know how the cl school goes! Got to agree with predpred, but to five for me. Someone on here used to have an absolutely massive clown loach. I'll try to pin the thread with the photos down. Possibly a holy grail of a fish, but Im hoping mine get there one day.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Whaaat GET A PYTHON! Best.Investment.Ever. Nothing beats watching your water change happen from the couch. Lets you multitask and clean filters or whatever. Suchhhh a good investment!

Let me know how the cl school goes! Got to agree with predpred, but to five for me. Someone on here used to have an absolutely massive clown loach. I'll try to pin the thread with the photos down. Possibly a holy grail of a fish, but Im hoping mine get there one day.
Im definitely going to get them for one of my tanks. Probably my 75 with all of my growouts. But ill make a post when i do lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store