Polys who goes where

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
So thinking about moving the endli dabola onto the 75 for a couple of months , should have a bigger tank by beginning of the fall to house everyone. Main thing is i dont want the faranah endli getting beat up because he/she doesnt know the rules. The del and ornate have learned to keep at a distance.

So the sen, 2 cb endlis, faranah endli, ornate, and del will be in the 150 with the pearsei and heterospilus. The dabola would get a time out in the 75.

Thoughts ?

Issues i see are feeding the smaller polys with the pearsei unless i go heavier on the cut up fish. Another would be the dabola attitude being worse when i re-introduce her. But the main thing is the faranah wouldnt get beat up, because right now the fish has a great attitude not skittish doesnt hide towards the back of the tank unlike the dabola who never comes towards the front.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Seems like the best option is what you have in mind. Power feed the polys in the 150 for a bit and get some size on them and cut back on the feeding to the dabola in the 75. My dabola pretty much is the same in regard sitting toward the back of the tank and it is just mean as hell. The koliba has a large chunk out in its tail and is deathly afaid of the endli. Im tempted to look for a larger poly to keep the endli in check... Large ansorgii or pbb?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
For me. Putting a fish in timeout in a separate tank seldomly work. Once a bully, will likely still be an ass. My strategy would be to keep the fishes where they are until the next big tank. With the new faranah in the 75. It will be a great opportunity to monitor and put some size until fall to handle being bullied by u know who. Perhaps power feed w/tilapia to give it a great star. They grow real fast once u bring them home. Maybe, throw in your 10-12" captive bred endlis in there just so faranah is use ti tank mates. Just sharing my thought of the route I'd take.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Once the big tank comes in it'll give enough space to let the agression in the Dabola to dissipate.

Yea...not sure if separation will get the Dabolas attitude in check. It will give enough time for the other polys to beef up though.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Seems like the best option is what you have in mind. Power feed the polys in the 150 for a bit and get some size on them and cut back on the feeding to the dabola in the 75. My dabola pretty much is the same in regard sitting toward the back of the tank and it is just mean as hell. The koliba has a large chunk out in its tail and is deathly afaid of the endli. Im tempted to look for a larger poly to keep the endli in check... Large ansorgii or pbb?
Large Ansorgii!

Reactions: DMD123

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I dont think that putting the dabola in the 75g lower its aggression, once you put him back in the 150g and once he realize that he is the biggest of all, he will still dominate and be aggresive again, beefing most of the small polys in the 75g will be a great idea.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
For me. Putting a fish in timeout in a separate tank seldomly work. Once a bully, will likely still be an ass. My strategy would be to keep the fishes where they are until the next big tank. With the new faranah in the 75. It will be a great opportunity to monitor and put some size until fall to handle being bullied by u know who. Perhaps power feed w/tilapia to give it a great star. They grow real fast once u bring them home. Maybe, throw in your 10-12" captive bred endlis in there just so faranah is use ti tank mates. Just sharing my thought of the route I'd take.
Once the big tank comes in it'll give enough space to let the agression in the Dabola to dissipate.

Yea...not sure if separation will get the Dabolas attitude in check. It will give enough time for the other polys to beef up though.
I dont think that putting the dabola in the 75g lower its aggression, once you put him back in the 150g and once he realize that he is the biggest of all, he will still dominate and be aggresive again, beefing most of the small polys in the 75g will be a great idea.

Thx for the onput guys, i also agree about time outs not working. More so to give the other polys time to grow. Putting the faranah in the 75 is a good idea too and would be easier.

DMD123 DMD123 it sucks that they are both mean they really are awesome looking though i think we are the only two with them at the moment wonder if its a common trait..... someone get a dabola endli so we can compare

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
This. A larger poly might work, but that can backfire and that one can become the aggressor and being larger, do more damage.. I say wait till the bigger tank as well put everyone in there let them beef up and then put him in there, I'd say that's your best bet.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thx for the onput guys, i also agree about time outs not working. More so to give the other polys time to grow. Putting the faranah in the 75 is a good idea too and would be easier.

DMD123 DMD123 it sucks that they are both mean they really are awesome looking though i think we are the only two with them at the moment wonder if its a common trait..... someone get a dabola endli so we can compare
I was thinking of the dabola in the 75 not as a time out but more of a opportunity to get the other fish powerfed and bigger so that when the endli goes back in with them they have a better fighting chance. My endli really goes at my koliba and I feel like the koliba would do better if he had some more size on him.

As to more dabola owners... We have quite a few here now, I think at least five of us.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I was thinking of the dabola in the 75 not as a time out but more of a opportunity to get the other fish powerfed and bigger so that when the endli goes back in with them they have a better fighting chance. My endli really goes at my koliba and I feel like the koliba would do better if he had some more size on him.

As to more dabola owners... We have quite a few here now, I think at least five of us.
About to become 6 lolz, i havent seen your koliba DMD

Reactions: Vancouver_98683
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store