Pool recommendations and suggestions?

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Here is an interesting thread , the guy used a pond liner with a above ground pool .
and there are some toothy fish in his pool .
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...nsterfish-pond-coming-up-ghetto-style.261810/
It's a long thread but worth looking at lots of pictures .

The inflatable pools some guys talk about filling the air blater with foam
so the pool with never collapse due to a air leak .
I'm about half way through this thread. Pretty cool. Thanks for the link! :)

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
How seemless or foldless you need is probably up to you, I wasn't worried about folds, but probably could have pulled it tight if I did (especially when inside on an even floor, outside the ground was pretty lumpy anyway).
When you put the pool together, if you use another person to help pull it tight, I'm sure it will work. I did it myself and just kind of slapped it together.
As far as a pump goes, I used a pond type in a cage (Laguna) and sent the water thru a DIY bio-fractionator which worked well removing free floating algae and proteins.

as you can see it produces plenty of foam waste, that I let fall into a bucket, or on the ground, even though I fed the Tilapia a low protein diet.When overwintering koi in the cold basement, I didn't feed at all for the entire winter as the water temp remained below 50'F.

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
How seemless or foldless you need is probably up to you, I wasn't worried about folds, but probably could have pulled it tight if I did (especially when inside on an even floor, outside the ground was pretty lumpy anyway).
When you put the pool together, if you use another person to help pull it tight, I'm sure it will work. I did it myself and just kind of slapped it together.
As far as a pump goes, I used a pond type in a cage (Laguna) and sent the water thru a DIY bio-fractionator which worked well removing free floating algae and proteins.

as you can see it produces plenty of foam waste, that I let fall into a bucket, or on the ground, even though I fed the Tilapia a low protein diet.When overwintering koi in the cold basement, I didn't feed at all for the entire winter as the water temp remained below 50'F.

That's a pretty sweet fractionator. Might be a little beyond my handy skills but very impressive none the less!

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
get in touch with wednesday13 on here, he kept I believe TSN's in a pool in his basement for years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store