Poor fish..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I knew they got big but I didn't know how big.. Could be a bad idea for me to take it because finding it a permanent home could be extremely difficult around here and it would likely eat my other fish if it got any bigger. I should show him this picture and see if this changes his mind!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It won't grow to that size even if you can get it from your cousin and place it in a bigger tank.I'm not sure if it's stunted growth can even be restarted.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I know it won't get to that size but it should make him realise what he has done to the fish keeping it in that tiny tank, the fish is years old so I can only imagine the damage that has been done inside it..

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I know it won't get to that size but it should make him realise what he has done to the fish keeping it in that tiny tank, the fish is years old so I can only imagine the damage that has been done inside it..
Oh okay,I was only trying to offer answers to your previous post as it sounded like you might have thought that the fish would get to that size if you took it over.What has he been feeding the paroon?

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
It's a shame they get so large because they are great looking fish, really shouldn't be for sale in fish stores in my opinion.. I didn't even ask what he has been feeding it, I have no idea how the fish is still alive, no heater or filter turned on, water is never changed, the water has dropped so the 33 gal tank is only holding about 2/3 of the water it could hold.. They must be extremely hardy fish!

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
You can keep your kid in a crib until they graduate college too.
Doesn't make it right.

Rich

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Wow that guy is an idiot! I have 3 roseline sharks and a bushynose pleco in a 33 gal, long and think it is kinda small. Roselines only get to 6 inches also.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
That's terrible. I hate hearing:

"The fish is alive so it's fine"

and

"My water is clear so my tank is clean"

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
That's horrible. Your cousin should not be allowed to care for animals... or children... or houseplants...

This is obviously someone who has less than zero idea on how organisms and life function. The sad part is that, at the end of the day, ignorance will prevail, and the fish will be the loser.

Maybe if you sent them this thread it would sway them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
When you get some time could you ask your cousin what he feeds the paroon.I'm very interested in knowing what this fish has been subsisting on all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store