Pop Eye or Turn Down eye

angeladay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
So Cal
www.youtube.com
My silver arowana (20"+) had eyes like that. The swelling on the protruding tissue around the eye or above the eye would vary depending on the age and temperature of the water. I also saw how the swelling would max out only to return completely normal the next day. I don't think it's a pop eye (which is caused by the liver problem) which is ultimately fatal for the fish. Rather, I suspect that it is a variation or severe form of drop eye which looks worse due to the fluid within the surrounding tissue not draining properly. With mine, I've seen how pressure buildup in around the eye finally gave in or even puncture, which immediately resulted in normal appearance of eyes.

I wouldn't medicate the fish as long as it's eating well and acting normal.

K C

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2006
the klongs
Doesn't look like pop eye, seems like an abcess caused by severe drop eye as Angeladay mentioned. It may max out eventually, if fish stops eating, u may want to consider antibiotic treatmt for your fish

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
My silver arowana (20"+) had eyes like that. The swelling on the protruding tissue around the eye or above the eye would vary depending on the age and temperature of the water. I also saw how the swelling would max out only to return completely normal the next day. I don't think it's a pop eye (which is caused by the liver problem) which is ultimately fatal for the fish. Rather, I suspect that it is a variation or severe form of drop eye which looks worse due to the fluid within the surrounding tissue not draining properly. With mine, I've seen how pressure buildup in around the eye finally gave in or even puncture, which immediately resulted in normal appearance of eyes.

I wouldn't medicate the fish as long as it's eating well and acting normal.
:iagree:

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
wateva it is its terrible i know it's different in cichlids but my mates red terror just died cause it's eye went all foggy and droopy, it also happened to another 1 of his fish...is it caused by knocking/bumping the eye as well as disease ?

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
i have only had a silver aro for like a cpl months but whhy do so many aros get that, what can u do to stop it

DrBranDo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2006
Canada
loooks like it's going to fall :-S
is it infected?? was it that bad for long or just happen??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store