Pop Eye or Turn Down eye

Boydo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
Alberta, Canada
www.shineaquatics.ca
The silver is about 2.5 or 3 years old, I know it's early but it looks like the blister type thing above his eye is already reducing in size after 2 doses of mela. He started having just a little turn down for about 4 months, but just recently it developed into what it is now. Turndown eye is one thing but the blister looks like pop eye or maybe something worst. I hope the melafix helps.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
The silver is about 2.5 or 3 years old, I know it's early but it looks like the blister type thing above his eye is already reducing in size after 2 doses of mela. He started having just a little turn down for about 4 months, but just recently it developed into what it is now. Turndown eye is one thing but the blister looks like pop eye or maybe something worst. I hope the melafix helps.
what have you been feeding her?

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
glad that your aro still eats. due to change of tank, your silver might be adjusting to the new tank and thus does not eat as well as he should.

also good that you noticed that the blisters have come down a bit. would be worried if it dosen't. just monitor and keep your water parameters as good as possible. perhaps it is a good idea not to feed it for a while.

also......is the tank cycled? you could also be experiencing the new tank syndrome if its not. ;)

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
glad that your aro still eats. due to change of tank, your silver might be adjusting to the new tank and thus does not eat as well as he should.

also good that you noticed that the blisters have come down a bit. would be worried if it dosen't. just monitor and keep your water parameters as good as possible. perhaps it is a good idea not to feed it for a while.

also......is the tank cycled? you could also be experiencing the new tank syndrome if its not. ;)
yep thats a big one if the tank is not cycled

Boydo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
Alberta, Canada
www.shineaquatics.ca
The tank has been cycled and water condition are good and have been for a while, his eye is looking better today. I use zeolite and carbon in my filters to help carify water and of course I removed pior to starting melafix, I wonder I carbon could cause this by removing trace elements? Once I'm done treating I'm tempted to bite the bullet and try Seachem Purigen instead for carbon and zeolite. Anyone tried Purigen before?

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
The tank has been cycled and water condition are good and have been for a while, his eye is looking better today. I use zeolite and carbon in my filters to help carify water and of course I removed pior to starting melafix, I wonder I carbon could cause this by removing trace elements? Once I'm done treating I'm tempted to bite the bullet and try Seachem Purigen instead for carbon and zeolite. Anyone tried Purigen before?
careful wit that carbon, carbon can cause head rot (im not saying it will), its just when the skin on the head starts to peel, its not life threatening, just ugly.

melifix wont do crap, dont bother, already tried it awhile back.

purigen works very well, ive heard many good things about the stuff and im positive someone can back me up on that.

i use chemipure, works wonders too :thumbsup:

Boydo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
Alberta, Canada
www.shineaquatics.ca
Stopped mela after 4 days did do much. I tried Purigen and all I can say is WOW it works very well, So I have 1 Liter of purigen and a large bag of zeolite in the filter now and the Silver eye is back to normal. I was wondering if the carbon could assist in the blistering of the eye - two days after Purigen install the eye is good. HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store